Possible bug in SynthMaster 2 when reading samples.

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have owned SynthMaster 2 for a relatively short period of time and am finally paying a lot of attention to it.

I have noticed when using my own samples that many times they play and loop correctly but some do not.

These are the same sounds I have used in other instruments - Wusik, Kontakt, Absynth, Dimension Pro and Rapture and a variety of others.

As I am now working on making some SynthMaster 2 soundsets from my sounds I figured I should look into this. For Anomaly XXV - Return to the Asylum I let this pass, as the effect, when it happened - added to the nature of the soundset.

On some - not all - sounds SynthMaster 2 does not read loop information properly. Or some sounds have more of a crossfade happening when being looped.

To test this, I randomly took a sound SynthMaster 2 had this effect on and edited the WAV file. First, I took it into ESC and added a 2% crossfade to the already existing looped file. Which played fine in every other instrument I have tried it in.

When brought back into SynthMaster 2 - this file would play properly and then stop. I thought for a bit and then figured perhaps in some way the loop point was altered past the ability of SynthMaster 2 to read it.

So I took the WAV file into VSampler and tested the loop and it played fine. Exported a new WAV file from VSampler and overwrote that file in SynthMaster 2. The new file is 2K smaller than the original. And this one plays and loops perfectly in SynthMaster 2.

So - I have found a solution. Maybe that can help point to the problem.

I think SynthMaster 2 misreads the loop end point by a certain factor. Some samples are more crossfaded than others in their creation. This is why it does not do this with all samples.

I can make sure this does not have an effect on future soundsets I release for SynthMaster 2 as I will be releasing them as small batches of sounds anyway. So I can easily make unique WAV files for use in SynthMaster 2.

Hopefully this helps others out there having difficulties using their own samples.

Tried the solution again a few times this morning but with a 1% crossfade instead and it resolves the issue.

Applied the fix to the HG Fortune Memorium samples for SynthMaster 2 which allowed me to add all of the other samples back in Now there are 48. Also fixed Anomaly XXV.

Guys, the loop point issue will be fixed in v2.9.9
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I am slowly starting to get back into sound design with Synthmaster.
Is there a way to create my own loop within SM 2.9 if the WAV file wasn't saved with that info?
Or is that something for v3.0?

Return to “KV331 Audio”