Presets with problems

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else having this problem ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I had the same problem with that exact bank. I had used the standalone installer, downloaded from the website, which made the presets show up in Synthmaster, but none of the waves would load. The way I ended up fixing it was uninstalling the preset in Windows, then opening up Synthmaster, going to the "Show All" tab of the preset browser, right-clicking and selecting "Refresh my licenses." It then prompted me to download and install the bank, and after that, it worked fine. If that doesn't work, I believe you can also install individual banks by selecting them in the "Purchased" or "Show All" tab, and clicking "Download" in the right pane.

I should note that I tried all this right after updating to v2.9.6, which was what I first tried, to see whether that would fix the broken presets. So maybe that had something to do with the success (or maybe not).

I have had this issue since 2.9.1 although the crashing that it caused back then is fixed, the missing waves error still remains although the updates states that it's fixed. I reported this a month ago and got a response from Gercek. I went through every preset and took a screenshot of the error, named the screenshot as the preset and sent it to him. Since then I've heard nothing... The error is on both my Mac and PC.

I have the everything bundle and have tried to remove and install it just like you described. There were a lot more presets with errors to begin with, now it's down to 37...

I too am suffering this. I find folders in a number of places and I am confused....

I don't know if this will help anyone, but poking about the Synthmaster directories of my (working) installation, I believe all the samples for the purchased banks are contained in .smar files located in the user preset directory, along with the .smpb files of the same name, e.g.:

C:\Users\-n\Documents\SynthMaster\Presets\Nori Ubukata Sounds of the World.smar
C:\Users\-n\Documents\SynthMaster\Presets\Nori Ubukata Sounds of the World.smpb
(where "-n" is my user name)

Opening up the (rather large) .smar file in a text editor, I can see that it contains names of all the .sfz and .wav files referenced in the presets as well as RIFF headers, which pretty much confirms the samples are in there. So I did some tests to see whether I could break things, and I was able to move the .smar file around to the following directories and still use the bank successfully:

C:\Users\-n\Documents\SynthMaster\Presets
C:\Program Files\KV331 Audio\SynthMaster\Presets
C:\Program Files\KV331 Audio\SynthMaster\Resources\UserSamples
C:\Program Files\KV331 Audio\SynthMaster\Resources\UserWaveforms
C:\Program Files\KV331 Audio\SynthMaster\Resources\FactoryWaveforms

Putting it anywhere else seemed to bring up the "Missing sample definition" error. So if you can find your .smar files and they aren't in one of the above locations (on Windows at least; no idea what the corresponding Mac directories are), try moving the .smar files there and see if that works.

It must be a mistake with the next to last update. Before it worked fine. Maybe the preset designer can fix it ? For Nori U. Sounds Of The World has this problem, the rest is fine.

I checked it out.
On my side, there are no any wave loading issue...
I use Mac OSX10.11.6 The DAW is DP9.
Nori Ubukata

I had another go at this on both Mac and PC, latest OS versions. I removed everything kv331, every cache file, preferences etc. Installed 2.9.6 and the Everything Upgrade. Did the same thing but chose to Restore my Purchases from the browser... same result...

I have the exact same missing wave error on the exact same presets on both Mac and PC. I don't share any settings between these computers so I can't see how this can happen if the installers are ok. The presets are:

AR Viral Outbreak RL
ARP Early Trance Arp RL
BT jarre creator - equinox 5 lead (mw)
BT jarre creator - magnetic fields seq (mw)
BT technogroove 31
Donatella BuzzyBass
G.U.Y Beating Bass
G.U.Y Beating Bass + Fat Synth
KEY On The Sun UK
KEY Summer UK
Key Without U UK
LD Danyella Lead 003 DS
LD Epica (i)
LD GoodPluckyTrance RL
LD Laser Lights 2 UK
LD Laser Lights UK
LD Oasis (i)
LD Omega One (i)
LD Omega Two (i)
LD Omega Zero (i)
LD Ottoman Centle (i)
LD Ottoman Fire (i)
LD Ottoman Fire-X (i)
LD She Wolf 3 UK
LD Summer 2 UK
LD Summer UK
M.J.Holland Saxy Bass
PD Danyella Pad 009 DS
PD Galactic SynPad RL
PD Ultimate Saw Pad RL
PL Bang Click UK
PL Bang UK
SQ Classic (i)
SQ Hystoria (i)
Swine Crunchest Bass
Swine Rising Crunch
The Obligatory Blade Runner Brass

If someone can confirm that these are loading fine in Reaper, Studio One or Live with the latest versions, I have some real weird stuff to sort out :)

I am having the same problem
Win 10, latest Synthmaster 2 version
Nori U sounds of the world does seem to be what's effected
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mindbeet wrote:I had another go at this on both Mac and PC, latest OS versions. I removed everything kv331, every cache file, preferences etc. Installed 2.9.6 and the Everything Upgrade. Did the same thing but chose to Restore my Purchases from the browser... same result...

I have the exact same missing wave error on the exact same presets on both Mac and PC. I don't share any settings between these computers so I can't see how this can happen if the installers are ok. The presets are:

AR Viral Outbreak RL
ARP Early Trance Arp RL
BT jarre creator - equinox 5 lead (mw)
BT jarre creator - magnetic fields seq (mw)
BT technogroove 31
Donatella BuzzyBass
G.U.Y Beating Bass
G.U.Y Beating Bass + Fat Synth
KEY On The Sun UK
KEY Summer UK
Key Without U UK
LD Danyella Lead 003 DS
LD Epica (i)
LD GoodPluckyTrance RL
LD Laser Lights 2 UK
LD Laser Lights UK
LD Oasis (i)
LD Omega One (i)
LD Omega Two (i)
LD Omega Zero (i)
LD Ottoman Centle (i)
LD Ottoman Fire (i)
LD Ottoman Fire-X (i)
LD She Wolf 3 UK
LD Summer 2 UK
LD Summer UK
M.J.Holland Saxy Bass
PD Danyella Pad 009 DS
PD Galactic SynPad RL
PD Ultimate Saw Pad RL
PL Bang Click UK
PL Bang UK
SQ Classic (i)
SQ Hystoria (i)
Swine Crunchest Bass
Swine Rising Crunch
The Obligatory Blade Runner Brass

If someone can confirm that these are loading fine in Reaper, Studio One or Live with the latest versions, I have some real weird stuff to sort out :)
This still seems to be an issue. I ran through about half of the expansion banks with v2.9.6 and saw many of these same presets throw the error.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I'm glad I'm not the only one with these problems; however, I wish I knew of a solution. I suspect @mindbeet has the best idea though but still I wonder if someone has found another way to fix the "missing sample definition" issues. I purchased a few sound sets from KV331 Audio today and several presets are not working. Thanks to all who have provided information so far!

Any official statement on this from KV331 ?

Yes, this has been addressed on kvr by Bulent.

I'm happy running 2.8.10 that is solid as a rock... (except for a few ugly red lines in the GUI it's almost perfect)...

Return to “KV331 Audio”