Just LOVE the Random Waveform / Random Wavetable function

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Happy new year everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to the KV331 team for having the Random Waveform / Random Wavetable function. I haven´t been using Synthmaster for a few years and back then, I always was looking for such a function. Having over 12000 waveforms / wavetables summarized in my Synthmaster, it was always difficult to switch around those and I was, back then, always looking for that simple feature. I was so happy when I saw this feature was added when I just came back to Synthmaster 2.9.5. It allows me to come up with new sounds real quick - just pick my favorite sound or design a new basic one (like a snappy bass), then let Synthmaster go through all my waveforms randomly to find the perfect "shape" for it. This sometimes brings up SO unique sounds that I would never have thought about - same for pads, or whatever else. No needs to use that "supersaw" all the time (although you could design such a sound, then randomly switch through the waveforms to see if you might invent the new "super-sine-add3-triangle-UHF" sound for EDM ;-)

To make it short: THANK YOU KV331 for this and many other unique features in Synthmaster! I also just LOVE the GUI, because once you get the hang of it, you can navigate through everything REAL quick and without getting lost in sub-menus like it is the case with most other synths of that complexity. Please don´t ever change it :-)

Happy new year,

Lorenz
Last edited by Lorenz @ XARC Mastering on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
XARC Mastering - The Online Audio Mastering Studio
Give Your Audio The Final Polish For Success With Proven Mastering.

P.S.: That being said: it would be great if Synthmaster would receive a complete "random patch" feature for the future, but one that is somehwat intelligent (see Tone2´s Gladiator about how a good random patch function should work). It would also be nice, if the randomization could be applied to the whole oscillator, so that it does not just randomize the waveform, but also the modes (lowpass? bend+? etc. etc.) and everything else (except for pitch). Again, Gladiator 2 shows how to do that really well. You can come up with completely unheard but great sounds this way too!

Hi Lorenz

We're glad you like the random waveform/wavetable functionality.

I have some ideas about the randomization. but I guess for best results randomization should take place in continuous parameters, not discrete.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

You are most welcome, Synthmaster is a real gem! :-)

Great that you already have some plans. If you look at Tone2 Gladiator and it´s various random functions, you can really see how a good (musical!) randomization can be implemented into a synth, not just on a global base for completely fresh presets, but also on the various sub-settings (like in the "per oscillator" settings randomization). I don´t understand why most synths don´t offer such an option, because this way you can easily create presets that are unheard yet and still sound great. But the randomization of the loaded waveform / wavetable is surely a great starting point which has made it much easier and faster to create new and unique sounds.

Is it possible in synthmaster?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Synthmaster offers the random waveform/wavetable loading per oscillator as described above. So yes, it partially does that and you can get some interesting sounds this way.

Thx man but is there a preset randomizer added now?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No, not that I know off. But you can just try the trial version, I haven´t updated in a while :-)

Return to “KV331 Audio”