[BUG] SynthMaster 2.9.5 (64bit + 32bit, built on 22. December 2017) not loading in any host at all

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I´ve reinstalled Synthmaster 2.9.5 (64-bit version) on a fresh Windows 10 and cannot get it to work. None of my hosts can load the DLL, they all say that it failed. For example, Reaper says:

It fails in any other host I´ve tried as well (Renoise, etc.). Seems like this build of Synthmaster 64 bit (DLL is dated 22. December 2017) is completely broken. Details are:

Algorithm: MD5
Hash : 33045625696201A7C3AB22F0F04A6CF8

22.12.2017 22:51 8.791.040 SynthMaster2.dll

The setup used was from:

310.089.918 synthmaster29windows64setup.zip

Update: the 32bit version has the same issue, just tested that. Going back to 2.8.X and it works just fine.
XARC Mastering - The Online Audio Mastering Studio
Give Your Audio The Final Polish For Success With Proven Mastering.

Something IS different in your configuration that triggers a crash. I would recommend a CLEAN installation. We've tested hundreds of times so I can say this with confidence.

Please delete

c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster
my documents\synthmaster\config\synthmasterconfig.txt
my documents\synthmaster\synthmasterpresets.xml

and reinstall FULL setup:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=48
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated! I have already deleted everything you said + registry values of KV331 and Synthmaster and reinstalled. But I´ve found the culprit indeed now! It´s my custom UserWaveforms folder! It contains 9877 waveforms and I´ve straight copied it from my previous 2.8.10 installation where they´ve worked without issues. However, as you see, with Synthmaster 2.9.5., it crashes it. Should I email you that folder so that you can investigate why it is crashing in 2.9.5 but not 2.8.10?

Yes please email me those waveforms so we can fix the issue! :tu:

bulentbiyikoglu AT kv331audio DOT com

Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio

Amazing support as always, thank you! I will first try to figure out what´s going on on my own before wasting your time (doing the install a bit different and checking the Waveforms) - I will report back ;-)

don't hesitate sending the waveforms. I will sort out the issue quickly once I have them.
Works at KV331 Audio

Yes, I absolutely appreciate that - but I think it is a mix-up of problems here, as I also did not have the upgraded license file in the Synthmaster directory. So I will again clean everything off from my drive, reinstall, add the license file, launch SynthMaster for the first time and see if everything is OK. If that is the case, I will copy it in the Waveforms and I bet it will work then. We will see and I will report back in half an hour here...

So I have cleaned everything out, reinstalled and have requested a new license file via your website, added it to Documents/SynthMaster (directory was already there, so it is the correct one), then launched SynthMaster. It keeps popping up the License dialog and asks me to download or email an license. Closing this dialog, ends up showing:

So I had a look at the file I had just received via email and the first two lines say:

Type=SynthMasterLicenceKey
Version=2.8

Is this correct for version 2.9? If so, what is the issue that the plugin is having now? I´ve put the license file in the correct directory, yet it complains about my license. As my studio DAW has no internet connection, I cannot let it download the license file from within the plugin (as suggested by the dialog). I can only put the file somewhere manually. What do I do now?

Is your computer offline? Downloading it via the plugin is the easiest way.

I just double checked, it sends you v2.9 license key file, not v2.8:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadlicensefile.aspx
Works at KV331 Audio

To make this work I had to bring my DAW online (which I hate!), so I did that and used the button to download the keyfile from within the plugin. Now that worked. So I took a look at the new "SynthMasterLicenceKey.txt" that was created and it completely differs from what I had been emailed by your website just a few minutes ago when going to http://synthmaster.com/requestlicensefile.aspx and manually requesting the key. You might want to check out this issue, the website should have emailed me the same file like if I request it from within the plug-in, no? But they completely differ.

ah okey I guess the email function on the server is sending v2.8, sorry about that. Fixing right away.
Download generates v2.9 though.
Works at KV331 Audio

Looks like that, no problem, this can happen, as I bet just few users use it that way;-) Also, the expansion pack list was missing in the license the website emailed. I have sent you a PM. Thank you :-)

I will report back how the rest works out... SynthMaster is up and running + making sound in the standard installation now. Just a few minutes and we will know more.

OK, everything works great also after installing all the extra banks (although it keeps saying "Download" for the Club Sequences Bank even while it is installed already). However, as soon as copying in my UserWaveforms folder, Synthmaster crashses upon loading just like before. I am sending you the UserWaveforms via PM, so that you can have a look why that is. They work fine with 2.8.10. Thank you very much :)

I am releasing the fix for this in version 2.9.6 in a couple of days.
Works at KV331 Audio

Superb, thank you!

Return to “KV331 Audio”