Synthmaster One: how to use as effect?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Kv331,

Just picked up Synthmaster one and it sounds absolutely magnificent! Getting to know it now, great fun!

But how do you use it as effect? I've inserted it as insert on a mixertrack, but no audio comes through it ( I had a vocal playing into it)?

I can play it via midi as a synth but I wanted to use it to modulate incoming audio, is that not what it's doing as effect?

Also, the manual (that got installed) is not correct, it's basically the Synthmaster manual with only a mention of Synthmaster One on the first pages.

regards, Frank
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

I got a message from the support. They wrote:

"You can only use SM One as vocader in our next updates you can use both our effects.

Best wishes,
KV331 Audio Team
Gercek Dorman"

2 years later and not squat about how to use it as an Effect.
I believe i did pay for both the Synth and FX Version.. Thats the selling point.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

I don't use it, but other plugins that are instruments that can process audio input need a MIDI note to be played while the audio is being processed - the MIDI note is required to open the filters being used.

Might be worth a shot to see if that helps.

Weird because the FX version of Arcsyn can work as an Audio Effect..
Seems like that just stopped working on SM1. The automation bug is still there in Live 9. Makes sense as they were practically giving it away all summer.

No it did not stop. your DAW should be able to send MIDI to the FX track to trigger it. I'll prepare a video showing how to do it inside Reaper.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

But that only still lets you use the vocoder, not the other effects.
Correct? I dont get how you can use it as an fx plugin in Ableton, but not process audio with it, only via midi...

street spirit wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:45 pm But that only still lets you use the vocoder, not the other effects.
Correct? I dont get how you can use it as an fx plugin in Ableton, but not process audio with it, only via midi...
Incorrect. You can use all of the effects.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”