SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote:
D.J. wrote:PS 1 : sorry for my english (I write from France).
PS 2 : So Bülent, you began with the Sinclair Spectrum 48Ko. Do you remember these crazy microdrives :help: ? Pioneer days, but funny days.
Ouh lààà... en effet ça nous rajeunit pas, ça !

Perso je faisais même des bip bip avec le Sinclair ZX80 à la fac à Tours en 1980... deux ans avant le Spectrum.
Read Error b
Amstrad CPC 464 :hihi:

@BlackWinny @D.J., visiblement - sans manquer de respect - nous sommes "des vieux de la vieille - 52 balais" beaucoup d'ordis y sont passés, le Spectrum 48k touches en gommes :D ensuite le Sinclair QL (avec les fameux microdrives pas fiables gring gring gring), le CPC 464, le 6128, l'Amiga 1000 et ses "Guru Meditations"... un Apple II e avec carte chat mauve (quel luxe) et ses deux lecteurs 5"1/4 (= un 4 To maintenant quoi). Punaise, quelle époque fabuleuse quand même ! :clap: détail cocasse pour BlackWinny, je réside la région... Centre (Chartres), vu mon pseudo pas difficile à deviner...
Last edited by docam28 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

double post.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

docam28 wrote:Hi there!

Maybe it's an already requested here, but... 26 pages, TLTR (like my post, sorry in advance for this).
Before request, be sure I've high consideration about my new SynthMaster v2.7 (since couple of days), really I love it and no regret about this buy (Factory edition). Also enjoyed about KV331 support, bravo!

My suggestion about GUI (as improvment):

No more indicator turned on (lit, don't know the exact term) for any "bypassed", but when enabled instead. Unlit when disabled/bypassed.

Concerns mainly oscillators and FX chain in "screen" from Layer view.
Secondary: concerns also "Layer1" and "Layer 2" switches located just below their volume knobs (near Master section).
Probably somewhere else I don't have discovered yet.

It's a nonsense (IMO) because for most electronic devices (and other synths), light is "ON" when enabled/turned on...).
In the same logic, they're confusing situations concerning the two modulators at the start of chain (also in "screen" from Layer view): indicator is off (unlit) when "NONE" is displayed (no modulator, btw, enabled) and on (lit) for any applied modulator (btw... bypassed), if I try to follow this philosophy. It's the opposite than OSC1/OSC2. Very confusing, harmful for creativity and workflow.

I've sent this request as ticket to KV331 Audio support, last morning (France time).

Perhaps, but more complicated for developers, the best compromise (in particular for experimented SM users), is to add an additional global option to enable/disable this feature (or possibly option/entry into "SynthMasterConfig.txt").

Have a nice weekend.
Greetings from Paris.
I have a better idea (I thinnk):
Every feature or effect that is deactivated or unaffected because it's bypassed in a way or another could be displayed in another color. Say everything that is "working" is in regular blue, and everything that is bypassed is in brown (those colors being selectable).

They would still be modifiable at any time, because one may want to "prepare" a sound and enable it once it's ready. But displayed in the "bypassed" color. It would be less confusing as to why nothing changes when I move a knob or button.

+1
Why not? by using custom/favorite colors, it's an excellent idea, but maybe more difficult implementation by developers, however.

In general, disabled (aka bypassed) in-plug feature is dark, enabled/active is highlighted. The exception I've seen (for now) is Pro Tools "BYPASS" (red) button to bypass whole plugin = I don't like.

EDITED (mentioned elsewhere, too)... IMO too complicated for developers, mainly due to SM skinning abilities, "in-screens" are monochrome-style, like lime/black for default, black/cyan (concerning TranquilBlue skin by satYatunes, for example) and so on. Using (custom) color schemes seems to be impossible (or extremely complex) to implement.
Last edited by docam28 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

a FR:
Mod source : voice: Round robin
usefull for trigger the osc see uvi falcon:
CYCLE: Oscillators are triggered individually, “round
robin” style. The first oscillator will be triggered on the
first note, the second oscillator with the second note, and
so on, always in the same order. With oscillators A, B,
and C, the order will always be A-B-C, A-B-C, etc.

now it work with mod source bipolar or random...(think oberheim:))

kv331 wrote:
fnors wrote:Any indication that a control is being modulated and that is being modulated . Something similar to what happens or Massive in Serum.
Yes that's in our TODO list for v3.0, that's a must for v3.0

EDIT: we're actually planning a SynthMaster "Basic" release before releasing v3.0, we might introduce those features in the "Basic" version.
That would be so awesome! :tu:
I really dig the sound of Synthmaster (don't need any new sounddesign features, myself), but every workflow improvement is welcomed! I find it already difficult to design sounds (workflow-wise), but it's even harder to understand what's going on in a preset in order to tweak it to your likings.

In my opinion, the only point where Synthmaster truly falls behind some very popular competition is usability (see Serum). In many other regards, it's superior.

I wish there's a way to load existing wavetables in a roll, instead of filling 16 single slots one at a time.

Most applications store wavetables by placing waveforms one after another, for the simplest adaption SynthMaster could just load the first 16 waveforms from a table into the slots; the length of each single-cycle can be specified in file name (I think Falcon use this strategy.)

Hi, yeah, it would be great if Synthmaster became NKS compliant. I use my Komplete all the time, and Arturia is integrated with it. The thing is, Synthmaster has a lot of presets I love, but I need to dip out of Komplete to use it. IMHO Synthmaster is as good as any NI synths. I think it can make the same sounds as Absynthe and Massive, the two main synths I use. The only edge NI has in in the sampled instruments, and Razor and Skanner. I think NI is a company you can't bypass, sort of like Windows is for computers, so it might be a good idea to make your software compliant with them.

Please make finally a full iOS version!

hlrf wrote:I wish there's a way to load existing wavetables in a roll, instead of filling 16 single slots one at a time.

Most applications store wavetables by placing waveforms one after another, for the simplest adaption SynthMaster could just load the first 16 waveforms from a table into the slots; the length of each single-cycle can be specified in file name (I think Falcon use this strategy.)
Yes we're planning to add that.

and we'll store the wavetable size in WAV file's loop chunk.

For instance, using a default wavetable size of 2048 samples -> we'll have wavetables of size 32768 (2048x16), and the loop start/end points will be 0, 2047 (this way SynthMaster will calculate the number of wavetables in the WAV file)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

tjjohn61 wrote:Hi, yeah, it would be great if Synthmaster became NKS compliant. I use my Komplete all the time, and Arturia is integrated with it. The thing is, Synthmaster has a lot of presets I love, but I need to dip out of Komplete to use it. IMHO Synthmaster is as good as any NI synths. I think it can make the same sounds as Absynthe and Massive, the two main synths I use. The only edge NI has in in the sampled instruments, and Razor and Skanner. I think NI is a company you can't bypass, sort of like Windows is for computers, so it might be a good idea to make your software compliant with them.
Hi

This is also in our TODO list for v3.0 :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

- snip
kv331 wrote:we'll store the wavetable size in WAV file's loop chunk.

For instance, using a default wavetable size of 2048 samples -> we'll have wavetables of size 32768 (2048x16), and the loop start/end points will be 0, 2047 (this way SynthMaster will calculate the number of wavetables in the WAV file)
Great if this means I can use at least some of my existing wavetable files in wav format. :D That's the way it's done, number of waveforms calculated from the loop length being the length of the first waveform. A bunch of them are 32-bit, I suppose a high quality synth such as Synthmaster will handle that just fine right? :wink: Can only wavetable files excactly the size of 2048 samples be used, or is there any hope for my files that are 1024 and 256 sampes long? :)

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but I think AU support for iOS would be extremely useful addition allowing to use more than single instance of SynthMaster inside AU compatible host on iOS device... and since you already have AU experience for OSX I would like to hope that porting this to iOS would't be terrible complex.

I'd like to copy parameters (right click -> copy) aswell as entire ADSR settings (so I can right click on ADSR1 and paste it on ADSR2, this way I have a different starting point for ADSR2. This could even be expanded to other "tabs", like OSCs, filters, or even layers).

Also, sometimes when the modulation circle appears around a knob, it's hard to click it, it'd be nice if that improved!

Another suggestion would be to be able to right-click a modulation in the matrix and delete it from there, sure you can set it to none, but it kind of bothers me. A minor thing really.

Another cool feature would be to be able to see the parameter's update in real time when you are tweaking that parameter with a midi controller, currently it only shows if you mouse over said parameter. So for instance if I'm modulating the cutoff with a knob and the reso with another knob, it'd like to see the current cutoff frequency everytime I mode the knob that I assigned to the cutoff, but at the same time I'd also like to see the resonance or whatever other parameter when I move my other knob. Atm I can only do one at a time by leaving the mouse over the parameter.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the synth, since I got it it's my go-to for whenever I have a sound in mind. Great work!

Just bought this synth (bundle with one) as looking for synths with mope support for my new linnstrument really impressed - my only gripe / feature request is a larger gui - I really struggle to see it on my 4K monitor.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “KV331 Audio”