SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh, i mean synthmaster of course and not synthedit with above post
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

We dont license other people's stuff. We do it ourselves from scratch :D
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

If you can get the quality of kontakt timestretch engine, with formant correction, or sample tank 3 engine is of course ok too. so can also make good granular sounds with speed 0 and short grains. as can see in the video, the attack knob is important. I see synthmaster granular video and it sound as attack 0 in granulate. the loop points are much hearable. maybe it is enough for granular, when you find a way, that simulate attack so the loop of the grain is not hear.
for timestretching, it seem not so easy, because so many licence zplane elastique 3. elastique 2 is not so good. I know only the melodyne engine and sample tank 3 that sound good too. important and usefull for sound creation is also a formant correction knob. a formant correction knob can make out of a sample easy diffrent and maybe good sounding alternate sounds. i use for example in sample tank 3 diffrent layer of same sounds but with a little diffrent formant correction setting and vibrato. This make out of a single voice easy a choir or ensemble sound

but on other side licence of elastique 3 seem not so expensive. reaper have several timestretch engines, and can sell for 60$. so i gues more as 10-20$ it not cost more.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I searched this topic for 'spectral' and only found one post mentioning 'spectral synthesis' so as a new user of Synthmaster I'd like to suggest the addition of spectral filtering.

Please make parameter names consistent. I often get confused when I try to dissect presets. Example - 'Hi Cut' in the Mod tab of Osc part is called 'Tone' in the Matrix

Thanks

are there any plans to add the native instruments nks-format? it would be great to use especially synthmaster player that way in ni maschine :)

Another vote for global filter here. I know you said the layers are independent, but obviously it's possible to route both filters to one (easy) knob, so i guess it should be possible. Because people need both layers very often and then they have to do it everytime and it's a bit pain..Just saying:)

And it would be nice to have some indication when right click on a parameter to see where it's routed and number of slot in the Matrix. Because the only thing one immediately see when right click on something is if there's 1 or 2 or more modulations, because if there's more than one, then the options for "Modulation 2" or "Modulation 3" appears. But one can't know what is actually the modulation source. And sometimes with 3 and more modulations, one doesn't even know, if the 3rd modulation is available or if it's already "taken" (in case of presets for the most part). So one must look in the Matrix to find out....which can be a bit pain when there's 2 or more pages.

audio/fault wrote:are there any plans to add the native instruments nks-format? it would be great to use especially synthmaster player that way in ni maschine :)
Many folks have been asking for that. Will have to figure that out in 2016 :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Linux support before version 4?

Pretty please?

ras.s wrote:Linux support before version 4?

Pretty please?
Let's first get SM work in Receptor :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Good start surely, but native support would even better, methinks.

How about a formant filter? IMO it would be a nice new edition to SM and hopefully it won't take too much time to implement.

Chandlerhimself wrote:How about a formant filter? IMO it would be a nice new edition to SM and hopefully it won't take too much time to implement.
We have a lot of vocal samples. Once we analyze them yeah why not :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Any indication that a control is being modulated and that is being modulated . Something similar to what happens or Massive in Serum.

fnors wrote:Any indication that a control is being modulated and that is being modulated . Something similar to what happens or Massive in Serum.
Yes that's in our TODO list for v3.0, that's a must for v3.0

EDIT: we're actually planning a SynthMaster "Basic" release before releasing v3.0, we might introduce those features in the "Basic" version.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”