SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After 2.5, here's my tentative plan (will start working in December)

2.6:
RTAS support for Windows and Mac OSX
Optimize code

2.7:
Filter FM
UI for MIDI links
Other UI Improvements

3.0: Sample playback (SFZ) support :D
Last edited by kv331 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

-More introductional videos
-More partial presets
-Redone existing presets

That's all I need. Stability won't be an issue, I think, we have a pretty usable Alpha already ;)
Just let its Sound do the talking: http://www.synthmaster.com/

rectus_dominus wrote:-More introductional videos
-More partial presets
-Redone existing presets

That's all I need. Stability won't be an issue, I think, we have a pretty usable Alpha already ;)
Hey, those are in the "2.5" timeframe, no worries!

BTW, we have new 2.5 presets coming up for 2.5 8) You'll see/hear it in time :D
I'll start editing the existing presets this weekend. All of them will be edited as well.
Works at KV331 Audio

By the way, I noticed some unfiltered high pitched buzz with some of the CyF and IW wavetable patches. Setting up a late EQ for them should be advised from my side.

I dunno, but somehow the a few Bell sounds are so friggin' awesome. They make appreciate the music while I play them. Sound so musical. Even if they choke my PC sometimes ;)

It may sound somewhat bossy, but I think that the redundant, and unusable presets should be filtered from the existing preset pool. Of course someone who has monitors in front of him/her.

Cheers, David!

rectus_dominus wrote: It may sound somewhat bossy, but I think that the redundant, and unusable presets should be filtered from the existing preset pool. Of course someone who has monitors in front of him/her.

Cheers, David!
+1
Works at KV331 Audio

I think a Filter Step sequencer would be awesome! Maybe just a 32 beat step filter. :-)

one for cutoff and one for reso... they could be built into that filter scope window, just split it horizontally. Thanks

vaisnava wrote:I think a Filter Step sequencer would be awesome! Maybe just a 32 beat step filter. :-)

one for cutoff and one for reso... they could be built into that filter scope window, just split it horizontally. Thanks
Just modulate a filter with a "Step" LFO, and there you go! We already have it :D
Works at KV331 Audio

Optimize unison so that it is only creating additional oscillators rather than the full signal path. This is a real CPU hog in Synthmaster, while the rest of synthmaster seems relatively CPU light.

Bigger modulation matrix. Once I have mapped midi controllers using the matrix, e.g pitch bend, modwheel etc, there is a large proportion of the matrix used up.

Better manual, take a look at Camel Audio's manual for Alchemy for an excellent example.

Improve the GUI for the EQ displays.

More partial presets and full presets.

Tidy up your forum - there are lots of out of date stickies, the real posts do not start until half way down the page.

SFV support is very exciting but please implement as much of the spec as possible. Other synths that load sfz use basicly use it for sample mapping and ignore most of the other opcodes but the spec is very powerful and can cover so much more :)

Apart from that, version 2.5 is coming on well good up the good work Bulent :)

Caco wrote:Optimize unison so that it is only creating additional oscillators rather than the full signal path. This is a real CPU hog in Synthmaster, while the rest of synthmaster seems relatively CPU light.
Before doing that I should probably change the signal path so oscillators output stereo output (i.e. move panning from voice output to osc output)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Caco wrote:Optimize unison so that it is only creating additional oscillators rather than the full signal path. This is a real CPU hog in Synthmaster, while the rest of synthmaster seems relatively CPU light.
Before doing that I should probably change the signal path so oscillators output stereo output (i.e. move panning from voice output to osc output)
Yes a full stereo signal path from oscillator to output :)

Caco wrote:Yes a full stereo signal path from oscillator to output :)
+1

Caco wrote: Tidy up your forum - there are lots of out of date stickies, the real posts do not start until half way down the page.
:)
Just finished that part :D
Works at KV331 Audio

BTW, how about the Mod Matrix. That's an area that should DEFINITELY be improved!

For instance

1. user moves mouse over know, presses a key, or double click (we can decide on that)
2. the rings I used in version 2.0 are shown around the know, so that user can edit modulation amounts.
3. user double clicks again or clicks on an area outside the ring, and the modulations rings close.

Aside from that, I can add some sort of "filtering" to the mod matrix area, by filtering by modulation source? So that, you select ADSR Env1 and suddenly you only see parameters modulated by it?
Works at KV331 Audio

Hmm, if you talk about simple "highlighting", then +1 from me! Could be triggered by a little button, and everytime you hover a modulator, you'd have your stuff highlighted. (Mod + destination of course, each with different color respectively)

BTW, regarding SFZ/SF2 (SoundFont)/sample playback support: Imagine all waveform selectors suddenly start to display a "Sample" menu under "Wavetable"
So any osc/sub osc (modulator) suddenly can be used as sample playback :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”