Synthmaster ONE V1.3 - Effects in Ableton

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. I have Ableton Live V10 Lite, and have just purchased Synthmaster One V1.3.

From all I have read, SM1 should allow all effects to be used with other instruments. In Ableton, if I drag the SynthmasterOneFX plugin into a MIDI instrument track, it loads at the bottom next to the instrument, as it should. If I disable SM1 (top left orange button) the sound comes out, but if I enable it, there is nothing. I've spent a while trying various option and researching things online, but cannot find an answer.

I'm aware that in the past, only the Vocoder was available to external sources, but I believe that now all effects should be available.

I've tried to diagnose where the issue is, and as I can hear notes being played within SM1 when it's open as an effects device, the issue must be that my other instrument isn't routing through to the effects input. I see no way to route it through, and the manual doesn't help.

Any help would be great please. Thanks!

I have continued struggling with this. I've found a video that helps a little, but most information for this is about SM V2.*. The instructions for SM1 don't say anything about effects of other instruments, only relating to the vocoder. I've found the audio input option on OSC1, which you have to set to left or right rather than both together, which makes me wonder if I'd need to set up 2 instances of SM1FX for stereo, but it is confusing. Even then, it SEEMS like I have to waste a track just for this (going by a video I watched). Being able to use effects on other instruments is one of the selling points of SM1. It's frustrating that even when you choose the SynthmasterOneFX option, you still have to go though menus to set it up to work as an effect, and there are no instructions to help (that I have found, but I'm currently going through the rest of the manual in case it's there but not under the "effects" section).

Return to “KV331 Audio”