SynthMaster One: Midilearn problem

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to use 'midilearn' to map some knobs on my Arturia Minilab II to parameters SynthMaster One.

I can successfully map knob 3 which uses CC71, to the cutoff control in 'One'.

However, knob 1 (CC112) and knob 2 (CC74) will map, but do not move the cutoff control in the synth.

Can anyone explain why CC71 works, but CC112 and CC74 don't?

Thanks.

I still have this problem if anyone can help.

Hi guys,

Could it be that your controller is sending MSB + LSB combination ? We don't support that yet.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Can you please do me a favor, and record the MIDI sent by your controller? If you can send me the MIDI file I'll check if it has to do with MSB+LSB
Works at KV331 Audio

Can you please do me a favor, and record the MIDI sent by your controller?
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that. This is the data captured in Reaper when I move the knob:

0: B0 4A 01 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 1
1: B0 4A 02 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 2
2: B0 4A 03 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 3
3: B0 4A 04 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 4
4: B0 4A 05 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 5
5: B0 4A 06 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 6
6: B0 4A 07 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 7
7: B0 4A 08 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 8
8: B0 4A 09 [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 9
9: B0 4A 0A [CC74 Brightness/Cutoff Freq] chan 1 val 10

Note that if I change the CC number that is assigned to the knob, then the midilearn works. So the problem has something to do with it being assigned to CC74, I think.

CC74 is special -for MPE-, that might be the reason. I will double check the code, thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio

Ah, OK. That is the default, so I didn't think anything was wrong with using CC74.

The other two knobs that weren't working were supposed to default to 'absolute', but when I actually checked them, they were set to 'relative#1'. Further, after I changed them to absolute I didn't understand that that would only save to a profile, and that I needed to do the additional step of loading them into one of the memories on the device. After I did that, they are now working.

maybe it's time to get arturia mini lab. I don't know the difference between relative/absolute modes.
Works at KV331 Audio

From the manual:

4.8.4.1. Mode Control

• Absolute: The default setting for Analog Lab: the knob will send absolute values
from 0-127.

• Relative 1: The knob will send values 61-63 when turned in a negative direction
and values 65-67 when turned in a positive direction. The turn speed determines
the parameter response.

• Relative 2: The knob will send values 125-127 when turned in a negative direction
and values 1-3 when turned in a positive direction. The turn speed determines the
parameter response.

• Relative 3: The knob will send values 13-15 when turned in a negative direction
and values 17-19 when turned in a positive direction. The turn speed determines
the parameter response.

The relative mode settings 2-3 are not used in Analog Lab. They are provided for the sake of full
compatibility with other MIDI devices or software. Please refer to the documentation for the target
device or software to determine which of these settings should be used. In relative mode, between each
value a “neutral position” message is sent (00).

Return to “KV331 Audio”