Sylenth1 v3.064 crashes Maschine ScanApp

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

Newest update for Sylenth1 (v3.064) 64-bit causes problems with Native Instruments Maschine 2 VST Scanning app. (Maschine up to date, v2.9.0) on OS X Catalina. MBP 15" late 2013.

On Maschine loadup when Maschine startup screen shows:
"Status: Scanning Vst(s) - Sylenth1" loadup will pause and bring up pop up window:
"ScanApp - Initialization error 1". After pressing "OK" Maschine will start, but right after will show another popup window with "ScanApp stopped working unexpectedly" with corresponding buttons for reporting and reopening.

For me it seems that Sylenth1 plugin itself is still working normally inside Maschine even with these error messages, but of course it seems there is some kind of bug somewhere now and it seems obvious that Sylenth1 is causing the bug since it started after last Sylenth update and the status window freezes at Sylenth scan.

Happens every time, rebooting etc don't help. Saw similar post somewhere in the internet a couple of days back, seems I'm not the only one encountering the problem.

Br, Mikko

Confirmed on Mac OS X.

This happens whenever I run any NI host. So Komplete Kontrol's standalone and VST/AU versions are also affected.

Is there a place I can download the version just before this?

I found a fix!

I was experiencing the same issue (Scan App Initialization error 1 appearing on start screen) when firing up Maschine 2 or Komplete Kontrol in stand-alone mode. I went to test if the same issue happened when opening these VST´s as plug ins inside protools or Ableton live. When I fired up Sylenth 1 version 3.062 64 bit version I did get an update message to update to version 3.064 64 bit and went ahead with the update. I was hoping this would fix the issue because in that start up screen for Maschine I noticed that it was this program that would jam up the scan app. I proceeded to go into maschine running inside ableton and running a manual scan in the preferences window to see if I would have some kind of issue and I did not. So what made this scan app error dissapear was just going into the individual applications in stand alone mode and running a manual scan in the menu > Edit > Preferences > Plug ins > Rescan (For Komplete Kontrol) and File > Preferences > Plug Ins > Rescan (For Maschine2) This has made the error go away! I hope this helps everyone out experienceing this issue :)

Take it easy, y'all! :phones:

-Diego

That did not fix it for me. Just crashed again. Sylenth is still not in the menu.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
oneway wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:42 pm That did not fix it for me. Just crashed again. Sylenth is still not in the menu.
Downgrading to to Komplete Kontrol 2.0.4 scans Sylenth v_3.0.65 no problem. ✅

Get it here: here https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ng-Systems (https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000313457-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Legacy-Installers-for-Older-Operating-Systems)

Return to “LennarDigital”