Can't open sylenth after update because of skin

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I've having this problem and I was wondering if there are more people who have the same problem. I bought Sylenth about 2 years ago and everything was working perfect until I did the update today. When loading Sylenth1 in Ableton I get an error that my skins cannot be loaded. It must be v3000 and I have v3045. However, the skins are just the regular Sylenth1 skins, so I don't have any older skins than the v3045. There are on the website of lennardigital also no older versions of the skins, so I can't find a solution... Does anybody has a tip? :(

Kind regards,

Peter van der Graaff
Pedro Delamigo

What happens when you completely uninstall, and install the latest version from Lennard's website? (version 3.053 i think)

I'm having the same problem, everything worked perfectly fine before the last update. I have tried unstalling everything 2 times but nothing changes. There's no problem with finding the plugin but it just can't seem to load the skins.

Is there anything you can do?

Did you install Sylenth1's data folder (the folder with the config, presets, skins etc. files in it) to C:/ProgramFiles, or C:/ProgramFiles (x86) by chance? If you did, try to run Ableton as a admin user, or reinstall Sylenth1, and install the data folder to another location, e.g. C:/ or C:/Audio or something.

Assuming that you are on Windows, of course.

Hi,

You've installed v3.053, but you're still running v3.041 (or older). Which means you have multiple installations of Sylenth1 in your VST folders.
Uninstall Sylenth1, then search all your VST folders for leftover files named Sylenth1.dll and delete them all. Then start your DAW to make sure Sylenth1 is gone. If not, go back to searching and deleting again until it's gone.

After that re-install the latest version.

Hi!

Same to me here, too. I uninstalled and searched and delete all remaining files as you mentioned. After that I did a clean reinstall. But it doesn't work anyway. For error messages see attachments.

Regards,
Sascha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You're still running the old version, so there is still an old version of Sylenth1.dll somewhere in your VST folders.

Sorry, there isn't any old DLL in the VST folder. Scanned the whole HD. Only the new Version here and still don't work. :(

The message means you are running Sylenth1 v3.041 or older, and it can't load the new skinformat for v3.045 and up. So there's definitely an old dll somewhere in your VST folders which your DAW loads instead of the new dll. If you can't find it, you are looking in the wrong folder.

Solved! :)

First searched via Windows Explorer and found nothing after the deinstallation. Then opened Ableton and did another search in the Plugin window there for Sylenth1 and … found another dll in another VST Folder! :o

Deleted this one and after reinstalling all works fine. Must be something wrong with the index from the Windows search. Strange...

Anyway, thanks for helping out. :ud:

Return to “LennarDigital”