Navigation through the presets

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I just bought the Sylenth after testing the demo, which blew me away! :)

I just installed it and opened it.. Now, I am asking myself how to get an overview over all the presets. I can't find something like a search (e.g. when I search an "organ"). Further, in every different Bank (FactoryBank1, FactoryBank2, ...) there are 4 sub-banks. Every of these (sub-)banks has arpeggiators, leads and so on... How is it possible to get an overview, or well organization about the presets.. Something like: "Please, show me all leads" or something like that..

Don't misunderstand me please.. The software is very very nice!! But the organization/overview within the presets is a bit confusing.

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

A better preset browser with search function is scheduled for a future update.

Hi Lennard,

thank you for your reply! A better preset browser might be great and essential to work comfortable with your great synthesizer software!
Are there any Excel-Files or something like that with a overview of the presets, which are shipped when someone buys the full version?

No, but you can export the presets as single files by clicking MENU -> Bank -> Export

Then you can search them using Explorer/Finder and drag the files to Sylenth1 to load them.

Ah, nice! That's very good. So I can tag them within my operation system (Mac OS).
Thanks, that helps a lot!

Lennard, please consider a preset browser where you can view and export individual fxp from multiple banks

Is this new preset browser still in development? When can we expect it?

wow. nice to hear a preset brower improvement is planned!

Can you also implement lsb msb bank change, so we can switch 4 banks (4x128) via midi cc?

Raphie wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:51 pm Can you also implement lsb msb bank change, so we can switch 4 banks (4x128) via midi cc?
This is already available, just make sure to use the latest version of Sylenth1. If it doesn't already work out of the box, then right-click the bank numbers (1 to 4) and select "Midi Learn". Then use MSB (=CC0) on your midi controller and the link will be made. You can also link it to any other midi controlchange.

(You don't need LSB as there are only 4 banks.)

You’re right, works now! Oversampling (real time 4x for me), new gui both made Sylenth1 Top Dog of the VSTi synths.
Never used the old version, demoed several times, but I could not gel with the sound, now I like it a lot and purchased. Thank you for keeping investing in this product. Now we only need a more extensive preset manager like U-he.

Raphie wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:03 am You’re right, works now! Oversampling (real time 4x for me), new gui both made Sylenth1 Top Dog of the VSTi synths.
Never used the old version, demoed several times, but I could not gel with the sound, now I like it a lot and purchased. Thank you for keeping investing in this product. Now we only need a more extensive preset manager like U-he.
Where do you get 4 times oversampling?

surreal wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:02 am Where do you get 4 times oversampling?
Click MENU -> Open Data Folder, browse to Config and open Settings.xml with a text editor.

There you can edit the following line:
<Oversampling realtime="1" render="1"/>

Oversampling factors can be 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16.
Note that Sylenth1 already oversamples several parts internally by a factor 2 or 4x, so if you set it to 16 times oversampling these parts will be oversampled at 32 and 64x internally (not recommended for realtime mode!)

Lennard wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:40 pm
surreal wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:02 am Where do you get 4 times oversampling?
Click MENU -> Open Data Folder, browse to Config and open Settings.xml with a text editor.

There you can edit the following line:
<Oversampling realtime="1" render="1"/>

Oversampling factors can be 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16.
Note that Sylenth1 already oversamples several parts internally by a factor 2 or 4x, so if you set it to 16 times oversampling these parts will be oversampled at 32 and 64x internally (not recommended for realtime mode!)
Hi Lennard nice to hear from you again!!

Does the oversampling option also improve the reverb algorithm. . That is the only issue with Sylenth1 I really find is the reverb can be quite metalic in certain senarios which is fine for EDM but I want to create more ambient and chillwave presets.. what are the future plans for Sylenth1 and do you have more tips and tricks for us to try with the settings file?

surreal wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:44 am Does the oversampling option also improve the reverb algorithm. . That is the only issue with Sylenth1 I really find is the reverb can be quite metalic in certain senarios which is fine for EDM but I want to create more ambient and chillwave presets.. what are the future plans for Sylenth1 and do you have more tips and tricks for us to try with the settings file?
Yes it does improve the reverb too. But it's generally a better idea to use a dedicated high quality external reverb plugin and put it on a single reverb channel. Then route (aux send) any channel in your track you want reverb on through the reverb channel at a certain level (creating dry/wet level for each channel).
That way your CPU needs to run only 1 reverb for all your synths/instruments/drums/etc. You can of course use more than 1 reverb channel if you want different reverb types, but still that would be a better solution than using internal (or external) reverbs on every single synth/instrument/channel.

I think most options in the settings file speak for themselves, but if you have any questions about them just let me know.

Return to “LennarDigital”