Licence on a dead computer, but hard disc fine.

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed another instance of Sylenth on my 'travel' notebook to work on the road.

Unfortunately, that notebook died. I know that I can deactivate the licence via web:
IMPORTANT: Instead of deleting the activation here, you should deactivate this computer by clicking MENU -> Deactivate on Sylenth1's user interface! You can do that without limits. If you already deleted Sylenth1, then just re-install it, activate and deactivate it to properly register the deactivation.

Deactivate Sylenth1

If you can't access the computer (because it broke down or it was stolen), you can remove the activation using the link below. You can use this link only 10 times, so you should use it only if absolutely necessary.
So I don't want to waste one of my deactivations obviously.

The notebook's hard disc seems still fine, so my question is: Is there a way to deactivate that licence, maybe by connecting that hard disc to another computer?

No, you need to delete the activation through the website. Don't worry about using up the online deactivations, the counters are reset on a yearly basis.

Thanks for your information - good to know. :)

Lennard wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:48 pm No, you need to delete the activation through the website. Don't worry about using up the online deactivations, the counters are reset on a yearly basis.
So you literally mean that the " You can use this link only 9 more times, so you should use it only if absolutely necessary!". Counter is resetted every year even though there's no notion of it?

Sylenth today decided that it isn't registered anymore (?) and that I should activate it though it has been activated on this machine so I'm likely to use this function to reactivate it.

stefaneke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:30 pm So you literally mean that the " You can use this link only 9 more times, so you should use it only if absolutely necessary!". Counter is resetted every year even though there's no notion of it?
Yes, the website probably needs some updating..
stefaneke wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:30 pmSylenth today decided that it isn't registered anymore (?) and that I should activate it though it has been activated on this machine so I'm likely to use this function to reactivate it.
Are you on Windows or Mac? Most likely installing the latest version of Sylenth1 and activating as usual will fix it, and it will use the same activation slot as it's still the same hardware. So then there's no need to deactivate through the website.

Return to “LennarDigital”