Preset name not saved within the preset data

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

when saving Sylenth1 presets the name in the OSX Finder is written correctly, but when the same preset is loaded the original name is displayed in the GUI.

Also, in the OSX Finder newly saved presets show a generic file icon while older presets show a Windows type icon “exec“.
FYI, permissions are set to ’read & write’ for preset files and all parent folders

My setup:
macOS 10.12.6 on MacPro 8-Core
Logic Pro X 10.4.2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trebeta5 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 pm when saving Sylenth1 presets the name in the OSX Finder is written correctly, but when the same preset is loaded the original name is displayed in the GUI.
Hi,

The preset name is stored in the presetdata in the file. So the file can have any name. When you load the file, Sylenth1 will just read the preset name from the file data and ignores the filename.

If you want to have it load preset files by their filename (and ignore the internal name), then click MENU -> Open Data Folder, browse to Config and open the Settings.xml file with a text editor. Edit the following line as such:

<PresetFolder remember="1" path="" usefilename="1"/>

Then save the file and restart Sylenth1.

As for the file icons, that's just OSX's way of saying it doesn't know what kind of file it is.

Lennard wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:16 pm
trebeta5 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 pm when saving Sylenth1 presets the name in the OSX Finder is written correctly, but when the same preset is loaded the original name is displayed in the GUI.
Hi,

The preset name is stored in the presetdata in the file. So the file can have any name. When you load the file, Sylenth1 will just read the preset name from the file data and ignores the filename.

If you want to have it load preset files by their filename (and ignore the internal name), then click MENU -> Open Data Folder, browse to Config and open the Settings.xml file with a text editor. Edit the following line as such:

<PresetFolder remember="1" path="" usefilename="1"/>

Then save the file and restart Sylenth1.
Did that, the result is exactly what I need, thank you very much !!
Just curious, what's the reason to display different preset names after loading? When I name presets on ’save as’ it's important for me to see the same name after loading a preset via Menu->Preset->Load, I can't think of a reason to not see this name. Maybe an additional option to choose between both name versions would be helpful in this case.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-27 um 12.21.34.jpg
Lennard wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:17 pm As for the file icons, that's just OSX's way of saying it doesn't know what kind of file it is.
That's what I' expected, but, FYI, now after changing the naming option in the Settings.xml file all icons are generic type icons which is fine for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trebeta5 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:20 am Did that, the result is exactly what I need, thank you very much !!
Just curious, what's the reason to display different preset names after loading? When I name presets on ’save as’ it's important for me to see the same name after loading a preset via Menu->Preset->Load, I can't think of a reason to not see this name. Maybe an additional option to choose between both name versions would be helpful in this case.
A soundbank file contains 512 preset names. A preset file contains just 1. To edit the preset name, just click the dot on the left side of the preset name in Sylenth1. Then click Save As.. to easily save the preset with the same filename.

Also, a preset name can contain all characters a filename cannot contain ( < > : " / \ | ? * for example, on Windows).

Lennard wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:06 pm
trebeta5 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:20 am Did that, the result is exactly what I need, thank you very much !!
A soundbank file contains 512 preset names. A preset file contains just 1. To edit the preset name, just click the dot on the left side of the preset name in Sylenth1. Then click Save As.. to easily save the preset with the same filename.

Also, a preset name can contain all characters a filename cannot contain ( < > : " / \ | ? * for example, on Windows).
I must admit I'm not used to the ’save as’ method that way, it's not a common way to save and name presets, I guess I have to live with that.
Anyway, let me just say what a great synth your Sylenth1 still is (after all these years) !!

Return to “LennarDigital”