FL Studio 20.0.4 Crashes When Adding New Instance of Sylenth

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I've been facing a recurring problem on 2 of my projects that I am working on for my EP. I already have several instances of sylenth loaded with presets I had made myself in those projects. The projects were abandoned for a few years and I had recently taken up the initiative to work on them. Using the second project as an example, it had reached a point where if I try to load a new instance of sylenth or clone any of the existing instances, FL Studio crashes completely ("FL has encountered an error and needs to close popup), keeping in mind that the CPU use is relatively low (around 35-40%) and the RAM is barely being used as well. Now I am stuck without the ability to add any new instances of sylenth as a result in both of the project files.

Additional key information: - BOTH project files date back to more than 2 years in time, meaning that they have been modified on previous versions of FL and in different versions of Sylenth.
- I have tried doing my research, which included messing around with wrapper settings such as turning Multigenerator processing on/off, using fixed size buffers, saving wrapper state after trying both, all to no avail.
- I have tried to do the same within the Audio settings of FL studio, and got the problem solved only temporarily in the running instance of FL (meaning that if I closed it and reopened, the problem would come back and I wouldn't be able to solve it again using the same method)
- I have tried to uninstall/reinstall including deactivating/reactivating Sylenth using my license key, to no avail (including cleaning registry of any Sylenth data).
- I have made sure that the 64-bit wasn't overriding the 32-bit version of Sylenth as stated in previous bug-reports.
- There is no unusual glitching coming from sylenth in any of the pre-existing instances.
- The problem does not happen at all if I open a new instance of FL and add a large number of sylenth instances.
- Opening the project in FL 64-bit solves the problem (the 32-bit of Sylenth is loaded in bridged mode). However I am left with massive CPU spikes due to the bridged plugins.

I am using the latest Sylenth version (v3.041) running on Windows 8.1 64-bit, with an i7-4500U Intel processor and 8GB RAM. Honestly however, in the past years I did not own Sylenth as opposed to now.

Were the old projects recorded using a legitimate copy of Sylenth1?
Just wondering because of your last sentence... 8)

No, however there was a point where Sylenth was working normally in the same project file with my license key activated. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Hi,

This is caused by a bug in the 32bit version of v3.041 related to high RAM 32bit projects. I've already located the problem and fixed it in the upcoming update.

Until then just use the 64bit version of FL Studio with the 64bit version of Sylenth1.
Or the 32bit version of FL Studio with 64bit Sylenth1 bridged.
Or contact us directly to get the 32bit v3.032 version, which does not have this issue.

I'm glad it turned out to be a bug and not corruption from my end! Thank you for the response. I will contact you for the version privately :)

UPDATE: I have received the aforementioned suggested version from Lennard. Tried it inside the affected project and am extremely happy to announce that it worked! Problem seems to be solved. Thank you so much Lennard for your assistance!

Return to “LennarDigital”