Midi Mapping Problem

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Lennar Digital Team,

I got a problem playing Sylenth1 with my MPD218. It seems that every knob is automatically tied to the parameters inside of Sylenth. Normally, the knobs shouldn't do anything as long as I don't map them via Ableton.
What is even worse: As soon as I start pushing two pads on the MPD at once, it also changes the parameters inside Sylenth and I absolutely don't know why!
It would be great if you could help me, I couldn't find anything regarding this problem on the internet.

My System is:
MacBook Pro running mac os Sierra
Scarlett 2i2 Interface
Ableton Live 9
MPD218

Best regards, Tom

Hi,

Sylenth1 responds to Midi CC messages. Your controller is sending these messages to Sylenth1. In Sylenth1 just right-click a knob to get the MidiLearn menu, where you can remove the link.

Has the default assignment changed more recently? I remember that with an older version of S1, the only two knobs on my Midi keyboard were automatically assigned to the global cutoff and resonance controls in S1.
But now it seems that one is assigned to osc 1 detune and the other still to global resonance.

Is there a way to delete all assignments at once? Might be handy in the case of controllers with lots of controls.

You can reset Sylenth1 MIDI learn to default by deleting the MidiLearn.dat file in the Sylenth1 data directory. After doing that, the next time you load Sylenth1, it will setup the default MIDI mapping.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

To completely clear all assigned controllers, you can unzip this MidiLearn.dat file in your [Sylenth1 data]/Config folder:

www.lennardigital.com/files/temp/MidiLearnEmpty.zip

Hello,

I have the same problem. I removed midilearn-file from config-folder and re-opened sylenth1. Still all of the controllers don´t work or midilearn will still work and confuse the whole setup. I also tried using MidiLearnEmpty.zip file but with the same problem. This problem is only absent with live 8 and 10.

The same problem has arised with Edirol PCR-M32 keyboard, Korg padKontrol and Roland a-800 Pro.

With Apple´s Logic Mainstage 3 midilearn function can be disabled with this precedure and it works without problem.

My keyboard is Roland a-800 Pro and I have assigned midi controller messages to correct parameters specified in Sylenth1`s manual. I used Roland´s parameter editor and trasmitted the midifile into keyboard.

I´m using Macbook Pro 15' 2015.

Best Regards,

Heikki

Hi, can you please describe what problem you are having exactly? If you put the empty MidiLearn.dat file in the Config folder (overwriting the existing one) and restart your DAW, then all midi mappings will be cleared so Sylenth1 will not respond to any CC or NRPN values. It will only respond to ProgramChanges, pitchbend and modwheel.

Hi,

I have done the following:

1. I have assigned all of Roland A-800 Pro´s controllers to certain Sylenth1´s controllers using pre-mapped Control Change numbers listed in Sylenth1´s manual. I don´t use midi learn -function, because it´s very unstable what I have experienced.

Logic MainStage 3:
-this premapping works proberly. When I move the controller of the keyboard corresponding controller moves in Sylenth1
-I don´t have to use MidiLearn
-It´s very stable and functional
-pleasure to use

Ableton Live 10:
-premapping works fine with main Filter Cutoff, main Resonance, Section A and B`s driver and with portamento. With reverb, delay, chorus and distortion there is a problem and Sylenth1´s controllers don´t move.

-If I try to turn on Reverb On/off button in Sylenth1 (while not moving any controllers), then suddenly some controllers will be automapped to other parameters in Sylenth1 (main filter cutoff or portamento)
-e.g. when I turn Reverb on in Sylenth1 main filter cutoff will automatically change to reverb on/off or something else that is very distracting. Main filter cutoff should stay controlling only filter cutoff
-every time there´s is unpredictability factor involved and some premapped control changes will be automatically remapped

-I have restarted DAW and also my laptop but without improvement

-is this due to Live´s automating features or something else?

-I have tried this with normal midi learn.dat -file, without using midilearn.dat -file and with midilearn.dat empty -file that empties the controllers in Sylenth1.

Thank you for your help. :-)

Best Regards,

Heikki

Hi,

I cannot reproduce the problem you describe. Are you saying that just by clicking the Reverb on/off button with your left mousebutton, the knob on your midi keyboard suddenly controls the on/off button? That doesn't make much sense. What linked CC value does it show when you right-click the on/off button (and the filter control cutoff knob)?

Also, what OS and which version of Sylenth1 are you using exactly? If you're on Mac, does this happen with the AU version, the VST version or both?

Return to “LennarDigital”