Sylenth - Rent-to-Own?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, an internet connection is required and no, we're not using Splice!

If you can only use it on an offline computer, then it's recommend to pay the full amount in one go.

Lennard wrote:Yes, an internet connection is required and no, we're not using Splice!

If you can only use it on an offline computer, then it's recommend to pay the full amount in one go.
Great, thanks for the reply! :D

This is a major thing. I propose you communicate this. I have not yet heard of it before reading this thread.
I already have my license but I certainly wish Sylenth1 the most paying users as possible.

I used the rent-to-own option recently but noticed that Sylenth takes quite a long time to load for the first time when opening a project... after loading one instance, other ones load much quicker...
There is one issue with that otoh: I like to use MUX as a plugin wrapper for having a overall preset center for all my synths... Sylenth takes long time to load on every preset I open inside MUX... that´s a bit annoying

Is this long loading time related to the rent-to-own online check or is it a "feature" of the version 3???
Or other way round: Will this long loading will be gone if I own the permanent license???

There's no difference in loading times of Sylenth1, as with either license it's just the same plugin.
Loading and closing Sylenth1 each time just to load 1 preset doesn't sound like the best way to browse through presets. You may want to switch presets via Sylenth1's built in preset selector instead. You can also change presets via midi programchange and bank select messages.

Lennard wrote:There's no difference in loading times of Sylenth1, as with either license it's just the same plugin.
Has the loading time changed somehow in V3???
I remember demoing V2 way back and this was loading instantly... no delay at all...

Edit: was just stopping the time for my interest... first instance takes nearly 10 sec on my system... nearly as much as Omnisphere (which is for me the worst in regards of loading times)...

Doesn´t sound much, but it´s far away from "instantly"

Your computer must be ancient if it takes that long to load. Even on my 10 years old WinXP test rig it loads twice as fast. On any recent system it's 1 or 2 seconds max for the first instance. Any other instances will load much quicker. There are several reasons for the longer loading time, such as the new copy protection and the skins in v3.

Normally this should not be any problem at all. Loading a project with many instances will not take much longer than just 1 instance. Once the project is loaded everything is very fast, adding and removing instances, loading or changing presets, even on old computers.

It's generally not a good idea to browse presets by opening and closing Sylenth1 for each preset. Just load 1 instance instead and browse presets via the arrow buttons or via your midi controller. Create banks or folders with your favorite presets for quicker access.

*Edit* This is on Windows computers by the way, on Mac it loads pretty much instantly, even on an old Mac.

Lennard wrote:Your computer must be ancient if it takes that long to load. Even on my 10 years old WinXP test rig it loads twice as fast. On any recent system it's 1 or 2 seconds max for the first instance. Any other instances will load much quicker. There are several reasons for the longer loading time, such as the new copy protection and the skins in v3.
I have an Intel i5 3570 @3,4GHz on an Gigabyte Board with 8gigs RAM... I don´t call this ancient even if it is not one of the newest... :-)

I stopped the time now more exact: it was 8 seconds for the first instance in Reaper/FLS/MuLab... so the daw doesn´t matter...
I get the 1 sec load on further instances but for the fist instance it takes here that long

It's generally not a good idea to browse presets by opening and closing Sylenth1 for each preset. Just load 1 instance instead and browse presets via the arrow buttons or via your midi controller. Create banks or folders with your favorite presets for quicker access.
Apart from this, the 8 seconds wait are nevertheless a bit annoying...
What could be done on my side to improve this (I am using Win8 Pro 64 bit and using the 32bit version in a 32bit host)

IMPORTANT: This applies to the 32bit version... the x64 one loads more than double as fast... about 3 seconds...

Ah yes, the 32bit version may start up a bit slower than the 64bit version on Windows. It's recommended to use the 64bit version instead, that'll solve most of your problem. Still, you should be able to load both versions faster with that CPU. Not sure what's wrong, maybe it's not configured properly. Besides checking that and using the 64bit version I don't think there's anything you can do to make it load faster.

Lennard wrote: Not sure what's wrong, maybe it's not configured properly.
What can be configured?? Just curious :-)

With the loading time of the x64 version I am fine...

Trancit wrote:What can be configured?? Just curious :-)
Check that you've installed proper mainboard drivers, and that your BIOS settings are optimal. And of course that your installation of Windows is running properly and well configured. Could be anything.. Run the passmark test and check that your benchmark is what it should be for your CPU: https://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm

Ah, you mean my system... I thought, the silence installation could be configured somehow...

But thx anyway :-)

I need to reactivate this thread...

Just if somebody is curious about the option:

I just finished the rent to own plan for Sylenth and everything went perfect... Lennar was always very helpful and even if Sylenth is not the newest plugin, it´s still my goto synth in nearly every situation :tu:

BTW: the loading times issue is gone as well... loads fine in about 2 seconds for the first instance and it runs absolutely rock solid at very low CPU load... 8)

Thank you very much Lennard for offering this method... I doubt, that I would have ever spit out the full price at once... little monthly bits just feels like a bargain... even if it´s a placebo ... 8)

Return to “LennarDigital”