Blip ending sound trails [fixed]

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

-------------------------------------------------------
Edit by LennarDigital:
This problem is fixed in Sylenth1 v3.041 !

-------------------------------------------------------

Apart from the keytracking problem, I have noticed another oddity: sometimes (it is not consistent, so I can't reproduce it) as sounds slowly fade out, there is a slight blip sound at the end. I think it has to do with effects, probably the reverb, not sure. On the site it says that sections not used get switched off, maybe it is that switching off that one can hear?
I have heard it on two different DAW's, so it is not a DAW issue.

Anyone else noticed that blip?
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, the sound you describe can occur when you set the Release parameter of the Amp Envelope to 0, so that the sound level instantly drops to 0. On certain sounds this'll cause a blip. Just give it just a little bit of Release to remove it.

Hehe, I am not new to using envelopes :wink: So no, to the contrary, it happens with sounds with longer release. I never have envelope release set to zero, not even close.

And I would welcome it if you stopped manipulating my posts. Else I will have to take my comments to the instruments forum, where the problems I describe get a lot more attention and you have zero manipulation rights.

fluffy_little_something wrote:And I would welcome it if you stopped manipulating my posts. Else I will have to take my comments to the instruments forum, where the problems I describe get a lot more attention and you have zero manipulation rights.
OMG, I only removed the hint about keytrack that wasn't even on topic! And thanks for threatening to bash our software on the instruments forum. The keytrack 'problem' is not even a problem at all, it works exactly as should! If you don't like it the way it is, fine. But there's no need to go trashing about it in other threads..
fluffy_little_something wrote:Hehe, I am not new to using envelopes :wink: So no, to the contrary, it happens with sounds with longer release. I never have envelope release set to zero, not even close.
Can you let me know which preset you're getting this sound with?

Lennard wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:And I would welcome it if you stopped manipulating my posts. Else I will have to take my comments to the instruments forum, where the problems I describe get a lot more attention and you have zero manipulation rights.
OMG, I only removed the hint about keytrack that wasn't even on topic! And thanks for threatening to bash our software on the instruments forum. The keytrack 'problem' is not even a problem at all, it works exactly as should! If you don't like it the way it is, fine. But there's no need to go trashing about it in other threads..
fluffy_little_something wrote:Hehe, I am not new to using envelopes :wink: So no, to the contrary, it happens with sounds with longer release. I never have envelope release set to zero, not even close.
Can you let me know which preset you're getting this sound with?
Appreciate my benevolence and just stay out of my posts, you are free to reply whatever you want - in your own posts. If you can't take posts that you don't like or agree with, close your forum altogether because this is the Internet, and not your living room. Your behavior in the other thread was really childish and embarrassing. Deleting my posts and then closing the thread, hoping to make it seem like the problem didn't exit, when it does. Just because you think it is no problem, doesn't mean it is none.

Anyway, the blip happens with all kinds of sounds, especially pads with long trails and effects. As I said, it is not consistent, else I would have posted an instruction on how to achieve it.

fluffy_little_something wrote:If you can't take posts that you don't like or agree with, close your forum altogether because this is the Internet, and not your living room.
You're posting here on our support forum. This IS our home. It is a place meant to help others having actual problems with Sylenth1. Your insinuation that there would be a problem with keytrack, while there is none, is not helping anyone. Also it has absolutely *nothing* to do with the actual question in your topic.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Your behavior in the other thread was really childish and embarrassing. Deleting my posts and then closing the thread, hoping to make it seem like the problem didn't exit, when it does. Just because you think it is no problem, doesn't mean it is none.
It would be a problem when Sylenth1 doesn't do what it is supposed to do. That is not the case. It does exactly what is should do! That YOU don't like the way it works is your personal opinion, and that is fine. It is however NOT a problem in Sylenth1.

I deleted our last posts in the thread because it was nothing more than a stupid argument that didn't add anything useful to the topic. Exactly like this topic by the way....

Why are you even here? As you said before you don't own Sylenth1 and you have no intentions on buying it. If you don't like Sylenth1 for whatever reason, fine! Uninstall it and move on! It seems the only reason you keep running the demo version is to look for things to bash about on the forum...
fluffy_little_something wrote:Anyway, the blip happens with all kinds of sounds, especially pads with long trails and effects. As I said, it is not consistent, else I would have posted an instruction on how to achieve it.
This is very useful.. :roll:

I was talking about the other issue with another user per pm and he confirmed my view. If it is the way you intended it, maybe your intention was wrong to begin with...

And regarding the blip, I have noticed it repeatedly. And I was asking if others have noticed it as well. What's wrong about that? Is it wrong just because I can't present you a step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it?

It seems you mistankingly think Sylenth1 is perfect and get rather defensive when someone mentions issues.
If there IS an issue, it is also of interest to people who have bought it.

I have all kinds of demo versions, why not? And when I notice something, why should I keep it to myself just because I have not bought it? Why offer demo a version if you don't care about feedback?
I have also praised and defended Sylenth1 on many occasions in other threads, so what's your problem?
By the way, I first noticed the blip when I still owned Sylenth1.

I am actually trying to keep myself from buying it again in your upcoming sale. Not sure if I succeed :D

Was just trying those factory pads in order to reproduce the issue, man, that reverb sounds horrible. Can't you get rid of that tin sound?

fluffy_little_something wrote:I was talking about the other issue with another user per pm and he confirmed my view. If it is the way you intended it, maybe your intention was wrong to begin with...
How can it be wrong if it works as it should? Isn't this entirely about personal taste? I know I prefer it the way it is now; a negative modulation value should not just mute the sound if you ask me. Probably not everyone will agree with that, but that'd be impossible, wouldn't it?
fluffy_little_something wrote:And regarding the blip, I have noticed it repeatedly. And I was asking if others have noticed it as well. What's wrong about that? Is it wrong just because I can't present you a step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it?
It's funny that in all these years and with all those thousands of users, I have honestly never EVER heard anyone complain about a strange blip in the sound. And if there was, wouldn't I be the first to hear about it?
fluffy_little_something wrote:It seems you mistankingly think Sylenth1 is perfect and get rather defensive when someone mentions issues.
No synth will ever be perfect and sure there are things that could improve. I only get defensive when someone tries to make it seem like there are huge flaws in Sylenth1 (like a random blip in the sound for example), while in fact these 'problems' are negligible or down to personal taste.
fluffy_little_something wrote:I have all kinds of demo versions, why not? And when I notice something, why should I keep it to myself just because I have not bought it? Why offer demo a version if you don't care about feedback?
Actually I do appreciate feedback. What I don't appreciate is when someone is trying to bash our software on a public forum with comments like:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just trying those factory pads in order to reproduce the issue, man, that reverb sounds horrible. Can't you get rid of that tin sound?
fluffy_little_something wrote:I am actually trying to keep myself from buying it again in your upcoming sale. Not sure if I succeed :D
Please don't buy it..

Well, I will try to find patches and situations to demonstrate what I mean...
The blib is rather quiet, but I listen on headphones most of the time, whereas I hardly hear it on the speakers because the computer is too loud.

Sorry, maybe horrible was a harsh word, but when you listen to patches like 237 on the headphones, the reverb tail sounds very metallic to me.

As to the rest, we will never agree on that...

By the way, can't you tie the demo voice volume to the synth volume the way others do it? It is annoying that the voice keeps repeating at the same volume even if one turns the global volume to zero. The demo noise should keep people from recording with the synth, not piss them off.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, I will try to find patches and situations to demonstrate what I mean...
The blib is rather quiet, but I listen on headphones most of the time, whereas I hardly hear it on the speakers because the computer is too loud.

When parts of the synth get switched off because the volume drops to a very low level, it'll fade the sound to 0. When I find some spare time I'll double check the code to see if I can find anything that could cause a faint switching or fading artifact.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Sorry, maybe horrible was a harsh word, but when you listen to patches like 237 on the headphones, the reverb tail sounds very metallic to me.

I haven't found the time to take another look at the reverb algorithm yet, I'm sure there are some things that can be improved. Although I don't want the existing presets to sound differently, so not sure if we'll change it either way.
fluffy_little_something wrote:By the way, can't you tie the demo voice volume to the synth volume the way others do it? It is annoying that the voice keeps repeating at the same volume even if one turns the global volume to zero. The demo noise should keep people from recording with the synth, not piss them off.
That's not a bad idea, I'll have a look!

I don't know how a synth works inside, but I know that the blip only happens when I play fat, intense chords with two hands, keeping notes sustained for a long time and then letting go. I don't remember it happening with single notes such as leads. Not sure what all that means. Maybe it has to do with the number of voices...

Regarding the reverb, you could simply add a second reverb mode like there are two modes for equalizer and chorus. A shimmer verb like a basic version of Valhalla's would be cool as no other synth has one afaik and it would fit Sylenth1 well in terms of character :)

But from what you write, it seems that you hardly have any time for those things anymore, in which case I understand that you don't want to change things...

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know how a synth works inside
The understatement of the year right there...

Sylenth1 is excellent, and a DSP marvel, especially given the sound-to-CPU ratio. That said, I actually transferred my license to someone else since I'm a "one synth to rule them all" kind of person and I wanted something with FM/RM -- I'm hardly a Sylenth1 fanboy here. So there's no conflict of interest or bias when I say that fluffy, you might want to consider easing up on Lennard just a smidge. He's being incredibly magnanimous, all things considered.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

aumordia wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know how a synth works inside
The understatement of the year right there...

Sylenth1 is excellent, and a DSP marvel, especially given the sound-to-CPU ratio. That said, I actually transferred my license to someone else since I'm a "one synth to rule them all" kind of person and I wanted something with FM/RM -- I'm hardly a Sylenth1 fanboy here. So there's no conflict of interest or bias when I say that fluffy, you might want to consider easing up on Lennard just a smidge. He's being incredibly magnanimous, all things considered.
Your post doesn't make any sense. I do not have to understand anything of DSP in order to tell when I hear the blip described.
Whether or not Sylenth1 is a DSP marvel, I don't know and frankly, I don't care.
Magnanimous? He charges a whole lot for his old product, so he should also be able to handle constructive criticism...

fluffy_little_something wrote:He charges a whole lot for his old product
For your information Sylenth1 v3.0 is a complete rewrite and it is very new.
In your view Steinberg for example is charging a whole lot for their very old product Cubase?
fluffy_little_something wrote: so he should also be able to handle constructive criticism..
Sure, constructive criticism is very welcome! However, your criticism is better described as destructive instead. It seems like you're only looking for ways to bash it..

Return to “LennarDigital”