Ideabox

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Things i would like to see.

Reverb predelay set to bpm, quarter notes etc, like how the actual delay work. This enables me to lock long predelays on my reverbs rhythmically to the track with out having to do the maths. The Virus TI has this function. It seems crazy that normal delays used to be programmed via ms, I'm hoping in the future the same will be thought on reverb predelay.

Ability to modulate more knobs via envelope and lfo, especially the detune. This will open up the Matrix, making for some crazy sound design.

Preset handling. The ability to copy multiple presets in a bank and paste them to another bank. I love how a simple copy and paste (ctrlC/ctrlV) will work across multiple loaded instances of Sylenth but I'd like to be able to load a bank (1234) be able to delete page 234, as these often aren't even part of that bank and then be able to copy, say Vol 2,3,4 of the same series into 1 bank, with out having to do it patch by patch. Currently deleting a bank will delete the full bank, not just the page, just having that as a start would be nice. I hate how some commercial banks have left overs from the originals on the later pages.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

1) Lock modules like:
-lock arpeggiator
-lock effects
-lock oscillators
-lock modulation
etc...

2) more selectable waveforms in the oscillators

3) single cycle waveform import (e.g Galbanum architecture waveforms)

4) 4 layer structure (each layer is a complete Sylenth1) with layer settings like keyrange +
each layer is independent (have their own settings for arp, fx, etc)
(this would be similar to Albino3's 4 layer)

5) some kind of preset mophing (morph between 2 or 4 presets)

6) more randomize options, for example randomise arp only

7) Ability to modulate more knobs via mod sources

I just wish we could link AMP envelopes A and B so we dont have to copy\paste settings after every tweak.

An extended browser mode: An option to have an enhanced browser use most of the plugin window for picky searching, which a tab to switch between different libraries.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

Sylenth1 is a jewel, it's like the platonic ideal of a classic subtractive synth made manifest. I don't have any particular feature request, and in fact, I only ask that Lennard doesn't lose confidence in how fundamentally great S1is -- I'd hate to see him ruin a good thing by caving in under the seemingly infinite amount of whining that happens on these forums.

The only other thing I'd ask is that if at some point a few decades down the road you decide to hang up your spurs, you open source this engineering marvel so that the next generation of developers can learn from its achievements.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

A global pitch drift control (maybe just an on/off switch) that introduces a slight pitch variation with every note played. I think it would benefit the sound a lot, make it warmer, especially when playing the same note repeatedly or an octave apart.

I know the trick of modulating the pitch with velocity (a value of about 0.03 seems to do the trick), but it is not very consistent and also makes it more difficult when working in the DAW as one often wants to correct the volumes of various notes at the same time, setting them to the same volume, thus undoing the pitch variation achieved via modulation.

Was bored and made a little audio, first with pitch drift (via the velocity workaround, value of 0.02, no idea how much that is in cents), then without, exactly the same sequence and patch, except for the modulation.
I find the overlapping notes much more pleasant and analog with the pitch modulation on.

(Sorry, the file is 11MB, had forgotten to turn the export quality lower, but who knows, maybe it even helps in this case :) )

https://app.box.com/s/9dcepprxusjvupuabwvjvl6arvyw3ixa

Better layout preset browser please accommodating banks and patches, rather than drop down and scrolling menu.

Sometimes I feel I'd like more modulation options but at the same time I wouldn't want to lose the immediacy of the synth in that it doesn't bog you down with millions of tweak possibilities. I think it is fair to say that humans are more creative when we have to work within limits, whether time, money or an infinitly adjustable synth. I'd rather eat a simple meal cooked well than a complex meal cooked badly. Or if you want another analogy, think of how modern DAWs are getting more and more complex but increasingly loosing touch with the need for workflow and getting the basics simple and reliable. The best DAW is the one that works properly, not the one that has the most bells and whistles. Apply the same logic to Sylenth and you know where I stand on this.

I agree LN. I sometimes think "man it would be great if this also did some FM/RM/AM/whatever" -- but then I worry that would compromise the elegance and inspiration that the smart limitations confer. My guitar is not nearly as flexible as basically any synth, and yet it's also more enduring than practically all synths. Something to think about.

I recently bought Zebra 2 and license-transferred Sylenth1 in the spirit of "one synth to rule them all," and Zebra definitely brings the kitchen sink and then some. But now I'm wondering if I made a mistake -- especially with the xmas sale going on now!
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Is Sylenth1 ever going to get an update, in terms of more features for sound design, beyond the already implemented in v. 3?

Why not release a new synth with all the bells and whistles while keeping sylenth current?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Does Lennard even read this thread?

Lennar Digital started this thread, though I am not sure why does this thread even exists and people bother posting their dreams with Sylenth1 if things are never going to be implemented in the end.

Yorrrrrr wrote:Lennar Digital started this thread, though I am not sure why does this thread even exists and people bother posting their dreams with Sylenth1 if things are never going to be implemented in the end.
Agreed +1000 :o

Return to “LennarDigital”