Ideabox

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 pm
street spirit wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:22 pm Bring back the randomize button, instead of the key shortcut and menu select.
copy paste osc A1 to A2 would be handy.
double clicking sets ALL Parameters back to default position, and not just a few controls that's annoying..
Besides those gripes, its still the best. :tu:
I don't like the randomize feature at all.
Anyway, unfortunately, I think the developer is very reluctant to add anything that would require changes to the GUI because he would have to ask all skin suppliers to change their skins as well.
Yeah your probably right.
I remember ye old Sylenth1 the random preset would produce so cool results.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

street spirit wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:04 am
e-crooner wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 pm
street spirit wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:22 pm Bring back the randomize button, instead of the key shortcut and menu select.
copy paste osc A1 to A2 would be handy.
double clicking sets ALL Parameters back to default position, and not just a few controls that's annoying..
Besides those gripes, its still the best. :tu:
I don't like the randomize feature at all.
Anyway, unfortunately, I think the developer is very reluctant to add anything that would require changes to the GUI because he would have to ask all skin suppliers to change their skins as well.
Yeah your probably right.
I remember ye old Sylenth1 the random preset would produce so cool results.
Strange, I tried the randomize feature a few times, but never got any useful sound, frankly.

Just a preset browser which can handle / import more or less numberless sound banks including search and tag function.

The virtual keyboard is pretty good already, namely velocity sensitive and one can swipe the mouse up and down the keyboard, which sounds cool with some presets :tu:

However, the keys are very slim, making it hard to click the right key, depending on the GUI size selected and monitor. Also, since the black keys are much shorter than the white keys, swiping the mouse horizontally leads to jumps between black and white keys when using velocity as a modulation source for volume or cutoff for instance.

So I thought of a new keyboard, see image.

All keys have the same height, resulting in virtually identical velocity values when swiping horizontally.

Also, the keys are much wider, about 3 times as wide as currently. Why? Because they will actually be 2-dimensional pads. The vertical position you click on determines the velocity, but, say, half a second after the click, the still pressed mouse key automatically switches to aftertouch, which is on the x axis of the pads :)

Even with keys held via right-clicking, you can use the left mouse key to change the AT for all held notes. So, unlike now, one has to right-click a key again in order to end the holding feature.

Above the pads you have those typical Sylenth1 LED switches, with which you can disable certain keys you do not want to hear when swiping. The muted notes will be muted on all octaves.

The arrow pads to the right and left of the keyboard allow you to keep swiping up or down when you rest your mouse on them, coming from below or above, respectively. This will automatically change the octave you are on, which is displayed in the little octave display to the left. You can also set the octave manually by clicking on the respective arrow pad repeatedly (without swiping).

I am not sure, but I think it would be the first virtual synth keyboard sending aftertouch :) Could be handy for someone programming aftertouch-sensitive presets without using an AT-capable Midi keyboard.

The big pads might also be useful when using a tablet.

https://app.box.com/s/tm2hcmco6ajfgdj6ykx1fc1bmxvpm2wv

I think the filter type and Osc/LFO waveforms should be displayed in another color, like with the Classic skin where they are green. Those fields are basically little displays so they should look like the other displays, i.e. black on light blue background in the case of the 3.0 default skin.

Thanks for all the new 'copy to....' functions; very handy!

Would be nice if one could optionally make the rate of the phaser independent of the DAW's bpm, as is possible with the LFO's or delay.

For instance, I have a Rhodes sound with a phaser effect, whose speed however changes with the song's bpm, which it shouldn't.

With the chorus the rate is independent the way it should be.

please add the ability to load TUN or SCL files :)

e-crooner wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:02 pm Would be nice if one could optionally make the rate of the phaser independent of the DAW's bpm, as is possible with the LFO's or delay.

For instance, I have a Rhodes sound with a phaser effect, whose speed however changes with the song's bpm, which it shouldn't.

With the chorus the rate is independent the way it should be.
Oops, seems I was mistaken, the delay can't be desynchronized, either, unfortunately. Please add a switch for both phaser and delay :)

Apart from having more parameters to be modulated by the envelopes, LFO's and miscellaneous controls, it would be great to have some macro knobs, like in Spire or Massive, to be able to modulate certain parameters at the same time. For example, to detune all oscillators at the same time, which is very handy for supersaw sounds, and others. I often make use of that in Spire.

And while at it, think about adding LFO audio-rated as a modulation source, or better yet, having the oscillator freq. as mod source. So then FM, PM & filter FM potentials can be accessed.

Do we know if Sylenth is still under active development other than minor tweaks and fixes or has Lennard called it finished ?

He only responded once in this thread and Ruben who started it hasn't been at KVR in over four years.

I'd love to see Sylenth called finished and have Lennard work on something new like Sylenth 2 or something completely different. I've always wondered why given the great success of S1 why he never did any other plugins. Unless he's lounging on some sandy beach living the high life off the proceeds from S1....... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I don't think it is worth it anymore these days. Too much competition, and now people have less money because of the pandemic. His new synth would only be one among many, nothing really new the way Sylenth1 was.

I am already happy about minor updates, frankly.

So then every developer should just give up ? This is the end of progress ? That's a pretty doom and gloom outlook.
e-crooner wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:46 pm I am already happy about minor updates, frankly.
Except for.......
e-crooner wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:08 pm Please add a switch for both phaser and delay
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:15 pm So then every developer should just give up ? This is the end of progress ? That's a pretty doom and gloom outlook.
e-crooner wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:46 pm I am already happy about minor updates, frankly.
Except for.......
e-crooner wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:08 pm Please add a switch for both phaser and delay
Well, in my country artists are in big trouble, some are already starving because they are not allowed to perform live, so I doubt many musicians have money for $$$ plugins these days.

I assume that Lennard has simply moved on. Doesn't he work for Philips? And maybe he has a family now, with kids and everything. If so, I doubt he has enough time and energy to program a new synth, not even major additions to S1.

I think such a sync on/off switch would be a minor update. He added the swing feature to the arp some time ago, that is at the same level I think.

Return to “LennarDigital”