Ideabox

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Design by committee always fails. If you ask a committee for an octopus, you're going to get a dog with four extra legs nailed on it. So I respect and appreciate Lennard's restraint in handling feature requests.

Anyway, how about: polyphonic LFO's? The switch that enables that could be next to wherever the new switch for "extra high quality mode" is going to go. The option to have polyphonic LFO's would open up a world of possibilities for amp/phase/freq modulated sounds.

The other thing that would help for those sort of sounds is some sort of little master tuning knob. Sometimes you dial in a cool sound using audiorate LFO's modulating oscillator frequency, but wind up with something that's out of tune. A master tuning knob would be just the thing for correcting those issues.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Was just playing around with a string preset of the new Synthmaster One demo and really liked how expressive and realistic it sounds thanks to the velocity -> envelope stage modulations.

In the most basic version, I think adding a single "Env Duration" modulation target for each envelope would already help a lot in Sylenth1. Depending on the modulation value set, A,D and R would all be either increased or decreased by a corresponding factor, depending on velocity, keytrack or whatever. It would not interfere with existing patches, either :)

MPE (or note-per-channel) support!

I play LinnStrumet and would love to be able to use Sylenth1 with it.

:)

Right click on any envelope would allow you to switch to a mode where the envelope are shown graphically.

For all the features for which there is no space in the GUI, I would like to propose a CONTEXT tab in the center 'Display' area of Sylenth1 (where all the effects are).

Whatever section you are currently editing, if there are extra features, they would be shown in the CONTEXT tab.
Say you're editing the number of unison voices for an oscillator. The center 'Display' would show any extra options how the detune and spread of voices can be edited.

Another example with a feature proposal for the envelopes:
When you're editing any envelope, the context tab would show an option to set how snappy the time based parts of the envelope (A, D, R) are. The middle value would be linear. Other values would be more or less exponential (positive and negative), bending the graphic representation of the envelope segments into an up or down curve respectively. (Also: The context tab would show a graphic version of the envelope unless the main section in the GUI for the envelope is already set to show a graphic envelope instead of sliders).

Why snappiness for envelopes?:
Especially in dance music, timing is essential. I don't think I need to convince anyone. This little feature would tremendously enhance how much sounds can be customized to fit exactly to a producer's vision.

More envelopes/LFO. This does not need more space. Tabs can switch which envelopes/LFO are currently visible. It does not need to be 16 envelopes. But a few more than 2 are sometimes very welcome.

Switch envelopes from simple D, AR, to full AHDSR. Again, via right-click context menu.

Noise as FM source to modulate oscillators.

Ducking for Delay and Reverb.

Sidechain-Pumping enveloping "effect" (like Nicky Romero Kickstart etc.). Not super-crucial but could be helpful when browsing patches.

Global switch for arpeggios/effects (either all effects or specific effects). That means that effects will be deactivated not only for the current patch but also for any other patch the user loads, until that global off is switched to on again.
When already have a melody/sequence for a part in your project and you are looking for an alternative sound, arpeggios are only getting in the way.
Likewise with delay or reverb if you are already sending the audio output to a separate delay or reverb plug-in.
Etc.

I just tested sylenth1 for the first time, i always refused cause im kind of the analog mono phonic fat moogish kinda guy and always thought this was geared towards EDM. that being said, i do like your product and im considering forking out on it, I like the fact that pretty much everything is mappable so i can go mouseless when using it, even changing the page can be done via midi and thats awesome! but i think a few additions here and there would make it much more versatile.

- More filter types! Please! the current ones are good sounding, but we're in 2017 and we are spoilt by the incredible variety of filters out there.

- One knob spectral modification of the oscillators before the filter (think of massive, or strobe 2 or synthmaster one) changing the harmonic content of an oscillator before it hits the filter allows for some pretty cool sounds. I think thats the future instead of adding and adding and adding more and more and more oscillators. What you really want is to make it easy for one to come up with sounds and textures without having to browse across countless pages. Thats why i like your plugin over many others.

- One knob envelope slope modification. Being able to change the the snappyness of the envelopes opens up a world of exploration. Moog sounds son so fat with exponential envelopes. Again look up to synthmaster one which allows to change the shape of each step of the envelope. I would settle for one knob for all steps.

Again, i love your synth because its so usable. allows for deep midi control. i wish more and more devs could understand that. Its pointless to have incredibly deep synth engines if it takes browsing through pages and pages and menus in order to program something. Creativity suffers. Thats why hardware is still king.

Also one file per preset (a la synth1) would be awesome. No need for convoluted FXB files or anything like that.

Waveshaping distorsion! That is it, just something to modify the oscillators a bit and come up with different sounds.

Or more wave types otherwise! :tu:

100F wrote:Also one file per preset (a la synth1) would be awesome.
You can do this already. Either export the whole set of presets loaded into Sylenth1 to separate files in a specified folder:
- Menu Bank Export
or save a single preset
- Menu Preset Save as

It does not work the way synth1 does.

100F wrote:It does not work the way synth1 does.
I like the Sylenth1 way much more.

Agreed with the previous poster who suggests waveshaping, or some more way shapes in the oscillators. I've posted previously about maybe some more FM/RM capabilities. I bought Spire solely because of the greater versatility of the oscillators, and I'd honestly rather just stick with Sylenth1, but classic waveforms can only get you so far.

Another option might be the ability to import single-cycle waveforms for the oscillators. These days it shouldn't be too CPU or mem intensive to generate an anti-aliased wavetable from the imported waveform, which is what I presume is powering the standard waveforms right now. That would unlock a lot of options, and doubly so if you could also do that for the LFO's.

Add a master tune slider and the option for polyphonic LFO's and that would be a whole new lease on life for Sylenth1 as far as possible timbres go.

But then again, sometimes the magic is in the limitations, so I don't want to push too hard for this.

aumordia wrote:
100F wrote:It does not work the way synth1 does.
I like the Sylenth1 way much more.
So you like having to handle lots of .fxb files as opposed to just pointing sylenth1 to a dir and never having to worry about presets again? thats a new one for me. Have you even actually used synth1?

Yeah I prefer the Sylenth1 way. Do you need some presets? I know a guy who can hook you up.

How about teaming up with your fellow Dutchman from Toneboosters and adding a second reverb mode (just like there are two chorus modes; this would also maintain compatibility with existing patches) by implementing a slimmed down version of TB reverb 3, basically the BE edition of that reverb. I think it would be a real bonus. You could pay him 1 % of your Sylenth1 turnover, which would easily be compensated by the additional copies sold thanks to such a quality reverb.

I'd reeeeaaally like microtuning support for Sylenth1.

VST3 version?

Return to “LennarDigital”