Ideabox

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, new focus, new ideas!

In the past few years, many of you have contacted us about ideas or tips to improve Sylenth1. Some of these ideas could be implemented in some update and some of them we're collecting for future purpose.

But please feel free to post your ideas about future improvements! :D

PWM :)

Really though I think thats the only thing missing that would fit into the lean n mean type of style of sylenth. Its hard to imagine adding more without it getting cluttered up. Along with that might need another lfo or env in order to pair it with it

Currently Sylenth has two layers. You could maybe extend that up to three or four layers, which would open up a whole different level of possibilities. Obviously not every sound needs to have that many layers, but it might be interesting from a programming perspective to be have that kind of capability. I think Sylenth is efficient enough that this wouldn't have too much negative impact on the cpu - especially on current machines.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Ideas:

- swing on the arp
- proper PWM
- decent new look
- deciding NOT to implement a dongle as C/P

That's my input - thanks for asking :-)

Ideas:

- more waveforms - something like Massive have maybe?!
- more filter modes
- more reverb modes, the current reverb isnt sound that great and it works only for a few sounds quite good!
- bigger mod matrix, im easily reaching the limit with the current setup!
- no dongle as C/P
- skin-ability (already confirmed)
- analog mode for oscillators? some kind of drift emulation maybe?

thanks for opening this here!

Ameyah

Hard Sync....skinning and no dongle.......please. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

samsam wrote:- decent new look
Maybe as an option, but please keep the great original look.
It´s like Sylenth is not Sylenth if it has a new fancy glowing GUI like we have seen.
And yes please: no dongle.

Ameyah Audio wrote:- more waveforms - something like Massive have maybe?!
Let´s go a little further:
- ability to load single cycle waveforms (32bit-FP Wav or higher), so you can use the excellent and vast (25724 !!!) Galbanum Architecture Waveforms 2010 collection.

+1 PWM and Hard Sync

First of all, this is great news, and thanks for seeking our input.

I have made 3 commercial banks for Sylenth1 now and it's in just about every bit of music I make, it hold's it's own place against anything I have.

Make sure you don't change the envelopes or how snappy sylenth1 is!

Now, as for additional features, the future I believe is in extensive effects tools within a synth. Not crappy phasers and flangers, but look at the effects in use in modern productions:
  • -Multi-band saturation/distortion
    -A Re-synthesis effect
    -A built in Vocoder that can be fed from A & B
    -Resonant filterbox
    -A buffer delay effect
    -A stutter effect
    -A shimmer reverb (pitch effect and endless tail effect)
    -A higher quality general reverb.
    -An FM control, a fool proof easy to use single knob that just works ala Virus or -Nord synths.
    -Updated filters, same choices, just a bit more analog sounding perhaps.
    -Something like the slop and "cap leakage" on ACE would be great.
    -Keep CPU hit relatively low! This is one of Sylenth1's strongest features
IMO no need for any fancy custom waveform pages for the LFO's or MSEGs unless it is totally easy to use like Massive's custom LFO's are, where all the shapes can be selected from a menu. Keep it design simple like it is now, clickable boxes and stuff rather than making little dots and points on a screen (MSEG's etc)that are fiddly to use. Nothing is fiddly about Sylenth1 right now which is one reason it is so good.

If you do wavetables they need to be as good or better than what Massive has to offer. And if you do wavetables you should have a lot. I don't know if the majority of Sylenth1 users would like wavetables or not, some people like to have just a few options, such as what they have now.

I would like to remind everyone that I always believed in LD:

Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

It's certainly nice to see some movement in the world of Lennar Digital!

From my own perspective I think adding too much to a follow up to Sylenth is a bad move.

I think there are two reasons for the originals popularity and that's a) the sound and b) the simplicity.

There are a few improvements that I think need to be made though.

1. PWM!
2. Better quality fx, especially the reverb. The fx also need to be put into a customisable and movable chain like Dune 2. It would also be useful to allow send levels to fx per layer.
3. Vastly improved modulation. More LFO's and Envelopes are needed (4 of each at least) and each and every parameter needs to be modulatable like Synthmaster
4. A hi/low quality option so that CPU use can be kept down, but rendering can be done in HQ. Keeping CPU use low is crucial. This is where Spire (for example) falls down.
5. A sub oscillator would be nice, perhaps on a 3rd layer where the noise oscillator could live as well.
6. Perhaps a couple of different filter types. Not too many are needed though.

Stick me on the beta team please :wink:

I would like to see a filter that is like the filter of the Arp synths.

Peoples, for pwm - use square 'osc1,2-inv.'phase

Strange, but this machine has everything you need!
S1 has a free section (S1 reg. to ....) in this section can be placed:
control sync 'filter, osc - filter - amp' a vocoder is, or simply filter. Effect version.

First of all - is this a serious sight, that there will be after years an update for Sylenth1? With NEW features? So a real update? :D If yes - great! :wink:

My suggestions:
- new GUI
- more waveforms
- 3 osc for each layer
- more filter types
- maybe some different filter drive types
- hardsync & FM
- more types of reverb like plate, room, ambience etc

and logical (if many new features are coming):
- compability to "old" presets/banks
- low cpu same as now if possible..

But i can`t really believe that a new/updated Sylenth1 will come... in the near future (2014???)

A resizable GUI :)

Great news!!!

1. Multicore support
2. Ultrahigh offline rendering (should be default)
3. More waveforms (Able to import new ones)
4. More Filters (comb filter and bandreject for example) Moog filter would be nice?
5. PWM and the ability to do it on all waveforms.
6. FM
7. Bigger matrix
8. One more layer with A & B
9. An option to emulate different analog output behaviour charateristics like Slate Digital's VCC with drive control (Not sure how else to explain it).
10. Gui resize
11. Able to import banks so you don't have to load banks all the time (Preset browser).
12. Better reverb like ArtsAcoustic (buy rights to use their reverb in a simpler form?)
13. No dongle
14. Keep the original things that work (This is abvious i guess) :D

/J
Last edited by jimmyfredriksson on Wed May 14, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PWM and FM please!

And some more waveforms and filter types would be nice.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “LennarDigital”