Sylenth1 on Linux

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tested Sylenth1 with Wine on Linux. With "dssi-vst" it seems to work but I cannot change the presets ;) With "fst" I can change the presets but the gui crashes.

Is there in the future a chance to get Sylenth with a native Linux plugin-format (DSSI) or a better support of Wine?
It would be great to have some more developers in the Linux-boat, to give more people a chance to leave Windows and Microsoft.

4damind wrote:Is there in the future a chance to get Sylenth with a native Linux plugin-format (DSSI) or a better support of Wine?
I think writing native support would be too much work since there's only a relative small amount of users. But we will be redoing the whole thing using the VSTSDK so it might work better with wrappers then.
4damind wrote:With "dssi-vst" it seems to work but I cannot change the presets
Can't you change presets using the program selector on the main display either?

Linux is such a catch 22 situation. I would love to head in that direction, but there's not a great deal there at this time, devs on the other hand wont go there cos no one is using it...damn it :| Trapped in the conjoineds spider web that is MS/Apple.

We need some pioneers.

Lennard wrote:Can't you change presets using the program selector on the main display either?
The interface is working without errors, I can select a preset number but with no effect. If I use the wrappers dialog, I can see all presets by name and can change this, but also with no effect. With other VSTs its of course working (I tested with Z3ta and Albino3).
May be this has something to do how the preset selection is implemented.

On the other side, the preset-selection should be redesigned in the new GUI, to have it more organized and not a large list of numbers. Most others uses something like a bank/sound selection to sort sounds better and make it easier to find. May be that such things must always be changed to work with VSTSDK3?

Official support would be great - one supporter with such
a good / buldiing up reputation perhaps could do a lot.

Sylenth1 on Linux would be excellent :)
In the meantime...Dual-boot :(

So, can one use Sylenth1 in LInux without problems by now? Some Linux DAW's seem to have native VST support, is that what it takes?

Sylenth1 demo 2.2 works in Bitwig Studio (Linux) with airwave. Sylenth1 3.xx is unavailable for non-owners, so I can't test it right now.

Good to know :)

It seems that there is a regression in wine 1.9.5. Sylenth1 demo crashes again.

Sylenth1 v3.0 runs fine on Linux with Wine.

Confirming, it works perfectly. Good job, Lennard!

Excited to be using Sylenth1 again but I'm now trying to run it from Linux+Renoise.
Trying the latest build (3.041 I think) is giving me "Sylenth1 cannot be run when a debugger is present". I'm using win-3.10 and airwave-git.

I can confirm that I am also having a problem with the latest build of Sylenth 3.041 on FL Studio 12 and FL Studio 20.

On Manajro Linux with Wine 3.9, tried with 3.11 as well.

Neither the demo version nor my full version work. Quite upset.

I get the same situation with 3.041 on Ubuntu Linux. "Sylenth1 cannot be run when a debugger is present". What does it mean I don't know :) The previous version worked like a charm.

Return to “LennarDigital”