global tune control in sylenth...?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I asked this question before but still no global tune control for Sylenth in the horizon...? Or any way to do this?

It is just a big pain to retune a multi-oscillator patch if it is not in tune. It is unbelievable how such a basic feature has not been included with the synth (or very well hidden).

I read from Lennar Digital page that 64bit version is under works. I really wish that at the same time a global tuning control would be added. It is really the biggest drawback of the synth.

Try to retune a patch that has all 4 oscillators in use! :P

Came here to see this and say that in 2019 there is still no global tune.

Global tuning is available since v3.050:

You can change the oversampling and tuning in the Setting.xml file (click MENU -> Open Data Folder and browse to Config):

<Oversampling realtime="1" render="1"/>
<GlobalTuning frequency="440"/>

Oversampling factors can be 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16. Sylenth1 already oversamples several parts internally by 2 or 4x, so at 16 times oversampling these parts are 32 and 64x oversampled.

Global tuning can be set in floating point frequency value, for example "433.333"

works a treat too :)

hoping for a menu option per saved instance in future though ;)
thanks Lennard!

Lennard, are there any plans to incorporate those options into the graphical menu in Sylenth1? People surely will rather set it there, than in a text file.

Yes, the plan is to add a settings page to the graphical interface where these options can be changed.

Nice. :) Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “LennarDigital”