Linking Amp Env of A and B??

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That´s a question I ask myself over and over again...

As the majority of sounds, where Part B is just used for layering on top of part A, are using the same envelope setting for A and B anyway, I really wonder, why there is no kind of button to link both envelopes toghether instead of the more time consuming and workflow killing Copy/Paste...

I mean, this cannot be a big task to do I guess, but would help a lot...
Perhaps something to consider...

Hi,

If you're only layering Part B with Part A, then you're probably better off routing both parts through filter A and nothing to filter B. Then set the release of Amp Env B to max and attack to 0 (sort of bypassing it). Now all oscillators are controlled by Amp Env A only.

Lennard wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 am Hi,

If you're only layering Part B with Part A, then you're probably better off routing both parts through filter A and nothing to filter B. Then set the release of Amp Env B to max and attack to 0 (sort of bypassing it). Now all oscillators are controlled by Amp Env A only.
This I didn´t know...thx very much

But doesn´t work though...

Doing it the way you said doubles more or less the decay time for the Oscillators of Part B ...
Test it:
Pan osc of Part A to one side and the ones of Part B to the other and -1 one octave...
Do the routing like you described and set for Part A Amp envelope zero attack/middle Decay/no sustain/short release...

Press a note and you´ll hear the deeper notes decaying much more slowly than the higher ones...
Perhaps it´s a bug...

Ah right, to get them exactly the same you'd still need to adjust both to the same position.

Lennard wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 pm Ah right, to get them exactly the same you'd still need to adjust both to the same position.
Back to the linking button... :D

O occasionally forget to copy and paste settings to the other layer and wonder, why it sounds so wrong :hihi:

Return to “LennarDigital”