KVR Developer Challenge 2018 - Winners Announced

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The KVR Developer Challenge 2018 is over and we are very happy to announce the winners. Thanks to everyone who entered, downloaded, voted and donated.

In first place we have ProF.E.T. by Ignite Amps, a digital emulation of a high gain distortion preamp/stomp-box for guitar. It's cross-platform (macOS & Windows in VST2, VST3 & AU plug-in formats) so Ignite Amps wins 60% of the prize fund and the grand prize of the trip to NAMM.

As the overall winner, Ignite Amps also receives the special prize of credentials, travel and hotel accommodations to attend the 2019 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA. The NAMM Show, which takes place January 24-27, offers the creator the chance to showcase their design to members of the music creation community in the Software.NAMM area which welcomes press, manufacturers, musicians and retailers to learn about and demo the latest software applications.

In second place was Dead Duck Deducktion by Dead Duck Software, a subtractive synthesizer in VST2 format for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit hosts. Dead Duck Software will receive 20% of the final prize fund as runner up.

Honourable mention goes to the third placed entry MPS by Full Bucket Music, a "Musical Parameter Synthesizer" in VST2 and AU plug-in formats for Windows and macOS. The top three entries were separated by just 19 votes so we've decided it's only fair to award the 10% wild card random selection portion of the prize fund to Full Bucket Music.

Lastly, the highest placed Soundware entry, who will receive the remaining 10% of the final prize fund, was Sounds Of Life by Ocean Swift Synthesis, a sample library containing all sorts of every day sounds in clean sampled form and also edited into strange and crazy effects.

Congratulations to Ignite Amps, Dead Duck Software, Full Bucket Music and Ocean Swift Synthesis!

Donations will remain open until October 15th, then we'll distribute it to the winners. Download & donate at www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2018

Read the full announcement at https://www.kvraudio.com/blog/kvr-devel ... nced-42729

Thanks to all of you guys for your support & votes, to Wolfgang Kraus for his invaluable giving of ideas & feedback, and of course to Ben for running DC18! :tu:

Congrats to Ignite Amps, Dead Duck Software, Ocean Swift Synthesis, and all other competitors! :party:

Needless to say that my Bucket is Full with happiness! :hyper:

Cheers, Björn

OMG :o :party:
Speachless!!! Thanks everybody!!! :love:

Oh wow, fantastic news! Many thanks to everyone who voted for me and congratulations to Ignite Amps, Full Bucket and Ocean Swift, and thanks to KVR for yet another successful contest.

Maybe not such a dead duck after all! :party: :hug:

Steve

Congrats!

Yay, a guitar effect wins. How the hell did that happen at this synthy place?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Congrats Ignite Amps !!! You had my vote as second best ! :tu:

And congrats to Dead Duck Software, Full Bucket Music and Ocean Swift Synthesis !! :party:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Congrats to all the winners. Especially congrats to IgniteAmps who have been rocking the DC for a few years now.

Very, very well deserved top quartet! I actually voted for three of you, so I couldn't agree more (as I'm not using guitar fx). From what I could see in the forum, it was only fair that a guitar effect unit won this year since there were apparently several very well designed effect units, while all synths had at least some minor flaws (like the absence of presets or GUIs not completely ready). ...and hey what a gem Sounds of Life is - so once again, well-deserved! :)

So, congrats to all winners! (I would actually like to see a top-ten list, because there are at least five other contestants who could have been among the top four.)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Congratulations to all the winners!

harryupbabble wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:22 pm Yay, a guitar effect wins. How the hell did that happen at this synthy place?
Haha, yeah - strings at your fingers provide the most direct control
of sounds - able to make it very wild + freaky wicked! 8)
If you want such a result with a synth it's more troublesome IMO.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Congrets to a the winners - all well deserved!

But also a "thank you" to all contributors!
A lot of work and ideas have been put into every single plugin here
and they all are an enrichment of the realm of the free world (of
plugins). :)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Also a bit surprised, but anyway - congrats to the winners and thanks to all competitors.

well done to the place getters!
Thanks KVR for the event which I feel is very beneficial to small developer's exposure

Congrats to the winners! PS Bjorn, please release "Air" as a chorus plug with more options :D

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”