Preset Makers, Please Make Presets

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reason, some of the DC18 entries do not have built-in presets (and if they do have presets, it's very few presets). Is it because it's not easy making great presets and some devs don't have the time to make great presets? I would settle for good presets.

What happened to all the great preset makers? How come they don't seem to be active in the DC18?

I should have noticed the lack of presets sooner but it's not too late. There's still 15 days left of the Developer Challenge 2018.

Are most voters capable preset makers? This voter certainly isn't great at making great presets. My idea of making presets is using Tobybear MiniHost's preset randomizer but it takes forever for one great preset to "happen".

So, please preset makers... make presets? Thanks in advance.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

harryupbabble wrote:it's not easy making great presets.
There's no real incentive either. Great preset makers get paid for their work (usually). Which of the DC plugins are missing presets? I've only had a look at a few of 'em ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
harryupbabble wrote:it's not easy making great presets.
There's no real incentive either. Great preset makers get paid for their work (usually).
True, some people want to get paid. But some never get paid, like some people who added their presets to thousands of other Synth1 presets?
thecontrolcentre wrote: Which of the DC plugins are missing presets? I've only had a look at a few of 'em ...
Has no presets:

Deducktion
Dystroyed
Flutterbird
GranuLab
MSDevil
ProFET
EQ560
SloTone Ultralite (have to download presets?)
T.Rex1982
The Haunted Toy
The Seeker (does not need presets?)
TinyQ

Has a few presets, needs more:

Endorphin (renamed Serotonin?)

Not sure if these two entries have presets or not because I can't even make them functional on my computer (maybe running the command sfc /scannow
did something right/wrong to my computer):

Mono Repeater
Syncla-X (version 1.12 doesn't work on my computer, an earlier version worked but I made the mistake of deleting that earlier version ... so now I make a habit of keeping all versions of DC18 entries).
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I suspect that, for many, the main problem with presets is not the actual sound design but the complete, 100% stable parameter automation required in the first place. Had me ripping my hair out more than once - a vicious convergence of trigger ordering, scaling in & out of the compulsory 0-1 range, missing redraws and (worst of all) a series of dangerous-looking loops where a control sets a parameter but the automated parameter must also set the control!

Working on some presets for Deducktion as we speak. :phones:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”