SloTone Ultralite (Documentation and Goodies...)

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SloTone Ultralite

Hello Guys, Here you will find news about Everything that revolves around SloTone. First, make sure you have downloaded the 1.103 version (the actually version of this post)

Some documentation : Soundbank compatible :      In the hope that these are well to your liking. I am open to any suggestion for the continuation of the event regarding the portage of new sound banks...
Of course, you can create your own soundbank with SloTone Organizer but this software is not part of SloTone Ultralite entry of the KVR DC2018. Only SloTone Ultralite (expander version of SloTone Organizer / Player) is presented in this contest.

I am currently preparing a further manual of the various advanced functions but It is not necessary to have it to start with SloTone Ultralite. With the first tutorial, it's really easy to use…

Other sound banks can also be presented during the course of the month, just the time to let my new baby know

I also plan to put online video performances to show the capabilities of the software...

Enjoy and have fun with this,

Last edited by chopen on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I have detected and fix new bug but i am not going to speak of this here because this topic is already so perfect... Just for back to the top of the list at least once.

I trust. There is still a little more than 2 weeks and I still think I can win this contest with my plugin ! :help:

I will prove it by making performance and tutorial videos.
I am finally equipped to do it. Finally, just what's happening on the screen and not behind !

Thanks ! :party: :pray: :clap:

I'm very proud to present you my first video performance about SloTone :

https://youtu.be/XGKZB1zC9N8

I had to amputate some of the quality for it to be compatible with youtube (assembled with Windows Movie Maker) and not having and I had to reduce a bit abruptly the volume to avoid saturation but the whole remains correct I thought…

The sound bank provided by Wave Alchemy
https://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/

maybe a next tutorial to explain how I made these sounds compatible with SloTone...

Everything is done with the mouse and without remote control...

Although this is not the version presented for the DC2018 Challenger, SloTone_Ultralite has the same functions as SloTone_Organizer and all this would be easily reproduced with the Ultralite version.
Personally, this is not the way I would use SloTone in my compositions but as it was necessary to go fast, I preferred to achieve a more or less successful performance video ... :tu:

My unrar won't extract any of your .rar files. It gives a message that they are not valid .rar files. :(
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

rcrath wrote:My unrar won't extract any of your .rar files. It gives a message that they are not valid .rar files. :(
No problem here. I use the software 7-zip to decompress all sorts of zipped files.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Hi !
thank you both to check if all is well

I just uploaded a new version that fixes some minor bugs and a great improvement to change the pitch with a keyboard in Midi Loop mode !
and it's also easier to install (no need for SloTone_Organizer anymore since the Templates folder is now appended to the ultralite package)

Just click to Root_Ultralite.bat for create the SloTone.ini file and put it in your plugin folder (in the SloTone_Ultralite repertory)
I will try to make a tutorial video pretty quickly to explain how to install it well

download SloTone_Ultralite 1.03 at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EvQTNy ... sp=sharing

New Video about SloTone_Ultralite…

https://youtu.be/wtgSbnjiIGE

This is a jam session with 4 SloTone_Ultralite plugin connected to each other in Cubase Studio 4 in real time…

sorry for the lack of documentation, the only link I can give for the time being you is the following tutorial :

http://midi-mobiles.blogspot.com/p/slot ... alite.html

be careful the range is very high for the instrument Bell_Plastic of the tutorial. Start at C5 ! (
it was not specified)

Enjoy ! :phones:
Last edited by chopen on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

I have just uploaded a new package of SloTone_Ultralite in Google drive
fewer characters thanks to the deletion of the unnecessary folder of packing.

Maybe try to decompress your file in a repertory containing fewer characters if you are face a problem of this type…

Are you ok with SloTone_Ultralite(1.03) rcrath ? :hug:

Thanks for Tutorial videos of the other plugins harryupbabble :hug: .

I'm too busy actually for try all of them...

Hahaha. I myself would not call my videos "Tutorial Videos". Blind tests is what they are.

I can relate to being busy. Later on, I'm going to be busy trying out the newest version of your plugin. I could only partially make the other previous version work, meaning that when I click the keyboard interface... the pitch does not change.

The ability to change the pitch offset with the keyboard when a midi file is playing is a function that has been unlocked from SloTone version 1.03

you could also change the pitch polyphonically with the keyboard in the previous version by activating Pitch Root after selecting a sound but not with a running midi file (and not yet the Pitch Offset control monophonically !) ('Slice off' if you do not have an attached text file)… (but now we can do it !) :tu:

I just finished SloTone_Ultralite installation guide (English language)

(ot the same in french langage)

NEXT STEPS → how to use templates
and → Illustrated functions of SloTone
Last edited by chopen on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and now Illustrated functions of SloTone

or

Fonctions illustrées

I would be happy if someone proposes to translate some documentation in Spanish, Russian or Japanese or any other language... Do we ever know...

@Chopen, maybe my unrar was no good! I downloaded 7-zip and it unpacked fine. Thanks!
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

rcrath wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:29 am @Chopen, maybe my unrar was no good! I downloaded 7-zip and it unpacked fine. Thanks!
I just can't get SloTone to work. I really want to be able to use it. I followed the instructions and all. How about you, rcrath? Any luck? Anyone got SloTone to work?

A new video and a new update (I think it will the last of the DC2018 although I still have about 30 minutes of rush to watch for the rest of the performance # 3)

https://youtu.be/WpIgyEEmJE8

In the new update 1.04 : new documentation in the package and
. Improvment to the Mute function (add smooth for avoid untimely clicks)
. The min /max list show number equivalence for transposed templates
. Refresh of the Favoris list with favoris panel

harryupbabble, maybe you have some comptibilities problem with VC runtimes

It seems like syncla-x and other synthedit plugin

try to install VC runtimes c++ 2015 to make the software works.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53587

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”