Videos Relating To The DC18

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounding like U2.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Maybe the last one ? I allow myself to post this here… :party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dytHu7x7Vs

SloTone is not bad. It has lots of controls to change the sound but I only had time to audition some presets. The presets sounds good to me anyways, without altering their sound.

One of the presets is a drum kit but it seemed to be monophonic (I just didn't know how to make it not monophonic) so for the drum track I used the DRMR VST plugin by Beat instead (it's a DC18 entry).

https://youtu.be/WSM-JbssaEU
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Thanks Harry. You finally decided to make one ! If I can afford, just a quick comment: normally, no need to repeat pushing Slice off/on button with the autoslice (SloTone.ini file in the plugin repertory). But it's not so bad !

Flutterbird by tesselode. Preset-makers should make presets for Flutterbird.

I myself am not good at making presets. I use Tobybear MiniHost's preset randomizer to make presets automatically.

The MiniHost preset randomizer generate varied presets fast but I won't know how those presets will sound (instantly) with the rest of the instruments inside the DAW because MiniHost is external and is not a VST.

I am hoping that Tobybear will create a VST version of MiniHost. That will be a one of a kind VST plugin because as far as I know, no VST plugin freeware like that exist?

https://youtu.be/ytvjAuec7Wg

harryupbabble wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 pmI myself am not good at making presets. I use Tobybear MiniHost's preset randomizer to make presets automatically.

The MiniHost preset randomizer generate varied presets fast but I won't know how those presets will sound (instantly) with the rest of the instruments inside the DAW because MiniHost is external and is not a VST.

I am hoping that Tobybear will create a VST version of MiniHost. That will be a one of a kind VST plugin because as far as I know, no VST plugin freeware like that exist?
Chainer by Xlutop does that and much more. It isn't free but there is a demo version: https://xlutop.com/html/chainer.html
ImageSamplesphere

Near the end of my video I was getting good results fiddling around with GranuLab's controls but I misread the timer. I thought I had 5 seconds left before my demo video capture software would time out at the 10 minute mark. It turned out I had a minute left.

https://youtu.be/U2FSmjUShKc

Samplesphere wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm
harryupbabble wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 pmI myself am not good at making presets. I use Tobybear MiniHost's preset randomizer to make presets automatically.

Chainer by Xlutop does that and much more. It isn't free but there is a demo version: https://xlutop.com/html/chainer.html
Thanks very much for the link. According to that site, Xlutop does have a preset randomizer and there is a VST version. I downloaded the demo. Thanks again.

harryupbabble wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:43 am
Samplesphere wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 pm
harryupbabble wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 pm I am hoping that Tobybear will create a VST version of MiniHost. That will be a one of a kind VST plugin because as far as I know, no VST plugin freeware like that exist?
Thanks very much for the link. According to that site, Xlutop does have a preset randomizer and there is a VST version. I downloaded the demo. Thanks again.
Maybe SAVIHost or VSThost from Herman Seib will help. Ploque's Bidule is the best $75 (now $95 I think) I ever spent, and you can keep using the demo version if you download a new one every month or so. I think I did that for a year before buying it. They have an excellent active user community too.
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

Here is a new video, "Five Minutes with Distortion by Mathieu Carre." Now that the winners have been announced, does anyone want me to continue with these videos? I am still happy to share my tests of the other guitar related entrants in the 2018 dev challenge, but if the interest is over now that the contest is ended, I'll try something else maybe.

Here you go!

https://youtu.be/qVji1Hiv_J0
more of my music
The Digital Guitarist.

harryupbabble wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 pm I am hoping that Tobybear will create a VST version of MiniHost. That will be a one of a kind VST plugin because as far as I know, no VST plugin freeware like that exist?
Looks like you're using Reaper. If you have or install ReaPack, search in the browser for and download kawa's FXRandomizer script. It can randomize any exposed parameter, you can lock parameters, and more.

rcrath wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:25 am
Maybe SAVIHost or VSThost from Herman Seib will help. Ploque's Bidule is the best $75 (now $95 I think) I ever spent, and you can keep using the demo version if you download a new one every month or so. I think I did that for a year before buying it. They have an excellent active user community too.
I did some Googling and it seems SAVIHost and VSThost (I have VSThost since forever and I use it almost as much as I use Tobybear's MiniHost) cannot function as a VST plugin. Also, both do not have preset randomizers?

Plogue Bidule on the other hand, according to Google articles, can function as a VST plugin and it does have a preset randomizer? So,I am going to download that. I hope Bidule is similar to REAPER because I'm getting more and more familiar with REAPER.

Thanks very much for the links and info.

rcrath wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:28 am Here is a new video, "Five Minutes with Distortion by Mathieu Carre." Now that the winners have been announced, does anyone want me to continue with these videos? I am still happy to share my tests of the other guitar related entrants in the 2018 dev challenge, but if the interest is over now that the contest is ended, I'll try something else maybe.

Here you go!

https://youtu.be/qVji1Hiv_J0
I don't know about anybody else but me I do want you to continue making videos.
Your videos are a whole lot better than my "blind test" videos and I learn from them.

Also, some people discover the Developer Challenge later on and your videos will surely be helpful to some of those latecomers.

The more videos about the Developer Challenge the better for the Developer Challenge in terms of exposure?

yellowmix wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:13 am
Looks like you're using Reaper. If you have or install ReaPack, search in the browser for and download kawa's FXRandomizer script. It can randomize any exposed parameter, you can lock parameters, and more.
I'm using REAPER 0.999. Ir was made in 2006. It doesn't have the ability to load scripts.

But I plan to buy REAPER 6.0 as soon as it arrives (the most current REAPER version is 5.95).
The newer REAPERs can of course load scripts but my main reason for wanting to buy it is it's ability to let me edit massive amount of MIDI data.

Thanks a bunch for making me and others aware of the kawa preset randomizer script. I'm definitely going to download that later on.
It's just good to know it exist. Oh wait, I think I will download it now. Freeware disappears all the time.

Aarrghh, I just found out ReaPack requires newer REAPER and internet connection. My 60-day trial of REAPER expired in mid August. Besides, I never connect my main music-making computer to the internet.

I'll have to download that kawa script another way. Oh wait, I'm at the kawa webpage and halfway down the page are files that can be installed without using ReaPack. I downloaded those. Can't use them in REAPER 0.999 though.

So yeah, for now, or till REAPER 6.0 arrives, I think I will just use Xlutop's Chainer and maybe Plogue's Bidule (I haven't tested Bidule's preset randomizer yet). Xlutop Chainer does meet my requirements in terms of randomizing presets "on the fly" inside a DAW.

And if it turns out that Xlutop does the best job compared to the alternatives then on the day I buy REAPER 6.0 I think I might buy that Xlutop Chainer too. Preset randomizers are super-useful, to me at least.

4 minutes with Damaged Records' Dystroyed:
https://youtu.be/icgA3TPLWzk
more of my music
The Digital Guitarist.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”