Himiltungl The Seeker

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Seeker

What kind of CPU figures are you guys seeing?
It *is* heavier on CPU than FFT, but at least for the saner resolutions, it shouldn’t be that bad.
If you’re having trouble with CPU, it would be awesome to hear what system/platform you have too (disregard if you’ve already posted this)

could not vote for this because it does not work on my computer.

barrybitter wrote:could not vote for this because it does not work on my computer.
Sorry to hear that, what platform/daw do you have?

Can't vote on this one, my computer does not support open GL

barrybitter wrote:Can't vote on this one, my computer does not support open GL
Ah, I see! Thanks

Well... I'm certainly voting for it. The CPU at max resolution is a little high, but lowering it is great (small update did this?). I LOVE how you can pretty much see individual hits come and go. Still a cursor would be great. And pleeeeease consider hiding the logo/settings out of the way, or putting them on a plugin header or something. AWESOME plugin. Awesome.

I have a windows 7 64 bit setup and it won’t show up in cubase or Bitwig. I like the idea a lot though. Please keep developing. If there’s anything I can send that would help you figure out why it won’t show up please let me know.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I have a windows 7 64 bit setup and it won’t show up in cubase or Bitwig. I like the idea a lot though. Please keep developing. If there’s anything I can send that would help you figure out why it won’t show up please let me know.
Weird! I'll check tonight and see if I can get them to show up, or see if I can figure out why they're not showing.

It's working fine here in Bitwig Demo, my VST2 plugin is located in C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins, VST3 plugin is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. Reading up on Google, I think it could possibly be the C++ runtime being dynamic in the plug-in. I've tried rebuilding a new version that is static, but I have problems uploading the new build to KVR at the moment, maybe better luck tomorrow.

Failing miserably to get it to load at all in Cubase LE. I don't have a USB dongle to demo Cubase Pro unfortunately :-(

You could try installing the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable and see if it solves the issue in the meantime:
https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

I’ll check that out. I did get it to show up in Bitwig by constantly moving it in and out of my vst folder over and over. I think it might have been getting black listed. I’ll check tomorrow to se if removing the vst3 makes the vst2 version show up in cubase.

my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

@Ah_Dziz, here's a test build with static runtime, if you are still trying to get it to work, it might be worth a shot.
https://static.kvraudio.com/files/3609/ ... -1_0_3.zip

holzon wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:39 am @Ah_Dziz, here's a test build with static runtime, if you are still trying to get it to work, it might be worth a shot.
https://static.kvraudio.com/files/3609/ ... -1_0_3.zip
I’ll check it out. Is there a chance you will be adding a mouse over frequency/ note readout? This and optional spectrum weighting would both be amazing. This thing is stunningly versatile without the drawbacks of standard fft analyzers. It is already amazing for helping out with sound design.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:14 am Is there a chance you will be adding a mouse over frequency/ note readout? This and optional spectrum weighting would both be amazing. This thing is stunningly versatile without the drawbacks of standard fft analyzers. It is already amazing for helping out with sound design.
Really happy to hear that you found a use for it, not only me then that has a use for this :-D
I'm planning to do a post-challenge release with all of the requested features that popped up during the challenge.

I'm not sure I got what you meant with 'optional spectrum weighting'? What would it do?

I am guessing the usual solution of log scale (current behavior?) and linear. maybe with a slider between the two. I am so used to log I didn't even notice the frequencies cuz everything is where I am used to it being. +1 for mouseover-the-graph freq readout popup. I go over this in the video above if not clear. Finally, this may not be possible without compromising what works really great about it, but some more CPU optimization would make it usable in a wider variety of contexts.
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”