Distortion by Mathieu Carre

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Distortion

Will there be a 32-bit version?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I wasn't planning to do a 32-bit version. I'll do one if there are some more demands for it and if I have time.

Regards,
Mathieu

My experience with "distortion":

This is a beautiful distortion, you can graphically tweak the
type of distortion. With the gain-knob you can choose subtle and
strong distortion. It works for crunchy guitar sounds as well as for
full flat heavy distortion. The tweaking of the distortion by drawing
the points of the curve is not easy and the results are mostly surprising.

The base sound is rather bassy which I like - it sounds substantially
full. So this guitar-amp-sim can be used in a production if you need
a warm full sound. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Mark me down as another request for a 32-bit version.

Also, this plug is overly huge on my screen. Would a resizable GUI be too much to ask? It sounds great, but it takes up way too much screen real estate.

Russell Grand wrote:Mark me down as another request for a 32-bit version.

Also, this plug is overly huge on my screen. Would a resizable GUI be too much to ask? It sounds great, but it takes up way too much screen real estate.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you tell me the size of your screen and the size taken by the UI on your screen? Making the UI resizable is a good idea. I'll try to add this feature.

Bug report here:
I tried using this plugin on a snare (64 bits version) and it seems that it doesn't report the latency to the DAW, delaying the snare quite a lot.

My PC specs are:
Windows 7 x64
CPU AMD FX-6100
8GB RAM
Reaper 5.95 x64

Btw, could you please make a manual? Tbh I know almost nothing about distortion, so I don't know what the presets and the curve editor mean.

heavymetalmixer wrote:Bug report here:
I tried using this plugin on a snare (64 bits version) and it seems that it doesn't report the latency to the DAW, delaying the snare quite a lot.

My PC specs are:
Windows 7 x64
CPU AMD FX-6100
8GB RAM
Reaper 5.95 x64

Btw, could you please make a manual? Tbh I know almost nothing about distortion, so I don't know what the presets and the curve editor mean.
Sorry you couldn't use it. Currently, it supports only Windows 10.

The manual is a good point. Nevertheless, I encourage people to tweak the parameters without necessarily trying to understand what is going on. The idea of this audio effect is to give access to the non-linear function to the user to create unusual distortion effect.

trying out the distortion plugin and have a couple of questions.

1.What is the distortion model? sturation and compression? foldover? depends on grapH?

2. What do the X and Y axes represent? Is it just a compression curve? Or is there a frequency component?

Thanks! I am enjoying this one.
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

Here is a new video, "Five Minutes with Distortion by Mathieu Carre." Now that the winners have been announced, does anyone want me to continue with these videos? I am still happy to share my tests of the other guitar related entrants in the 2018 dev challenge, but if the interest is over now that the contest is ended, I'll try something else maybe.

Here you go!

https://youtu.be/qVji1Hiv_J0
my experimental improv duo, rreplay.
more of my music
occasional experimental sound blog all things vst, guitar synth, and more.
The Digital Guitarist.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”