Beat DRMR

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Beat DRMR

Beat DRMR kicks up a warning in Norton and is removed. It looks like a Maize Sampler based instrument so it's most likely a false positive. I don't have the time to submit it to Norton for whitelisting. Perhaps the developer does...... :shrug:
Norton Warning 090418.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

How is it possible to add the DRMR to the Norton whitelist? I'm not using Norton, so I have no idea how to do that.
electronic music and sounddesign - http://www.marcoscherer.de

I checked the 32 bit dll with virustotal.com and get a 0 / 67 detection.

Scherer wrote:How is it possible to add the DRMR to the Norton whitelist? I'm not using Norton, so I have no idea how to do that.
You have to submit the file or link to the file to Norton for them to manually check. It can take a while and then they'll issue an update to the Norton Program. I've done it before as Norton has a tendency for false positives.
Chris-S wrote:I checked the 32 bit dll with virustotal.com and get a 0 / 67 detection.
I'm sure it's just a false positive but since Norton deletes the .dll I can't just submit it to them or run it through VirusTotal. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen Norton flag something during install then pass it at VirusTotal.

I'm not totally happy with Norton but I've tried just about everything else. I was a huge Bitdefender fan but their software became so buggy and was doing some sketchy stuff in the background so I lost faith in it.

I just thought the Developer of BeatDRMR would like to know so maybe they can get it whitelisted. I'm probably not the only person using Norton.

Kind of hard to vote for an entry to the KVRDC if it won't install...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Symantec wrote: Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed from our products:

File name: Beat DRMR.dll

Great plugin, but it takes up way too much screen real estate vertically. Here's to hoping Beat updates this with a resizable GUI or at the very least shortens the length of the volume sliders, they don't need to be that long and they are the main cause of the ridiculous vertical length of the plug.

Without having it installed, just judging by the videos I can find about it, I would say DRMR was built with Maize.
While that fact alone is not necessarily a bad thing, I'm pretty sure it rules out any chance for a resizable interface.
Confucamus.

Rockatansky wrote:Without having it installed, just judging by the videos I can find about it, I would say DRMR was built with Maize.
While that fact alone is not necessarily a bad thing, I'm pretty sure it rules out any chance for a resizable interface.
Bummer. Okay well I'll just have work around it then - unless the dev is willing to rework the GUI. (What say you, Beat??)

Thanks, Rock. :tu:

I can't download this. Is the link working for you guys?

nr1killabee wrote:I can't download this. Is the link working for you guys?
Yes, both download links work perfectly. What's not working for you? Do you get any error message?

Crashed Ableton when changing presets, uninstalled immediately

Preset "XTRA Percussion - Jungle Drum" doesn't load and then crashes FL Studio 20. Presets "XTRA Percussion - Loominescence" and "XTRA Percussion - Perc Parade" result in a "Laout XML Format Error - not enough input" dialog box.

Are the samples included in this wav/aif or some special format?

I can't be arsed to download it just to find out.

The presets causing crashes have been removed, please download again. Sorry for the trouble.

reaper is seeing this as a 32-output plugin but I can't get anything out past channel 2. Could you fix that?
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”