Dead Duck Software Deducktion - KVRDC 2018

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Deducktion

Deducktion has been updated to 1.0.3.

As the voting period has now ended this includes some minor enhancements, as follows:

Support for sustain has been added: when active this will cause the envelopes to adopt their maximum release times allowing notes to 'ring on' longer.

Oscillator detune now applies to all waveforms not just the sawtooth.

A number of options have been added to the oscillator option menus allowing more flexibility:

Sub Generates Noise - the sub oscillator can be set to output pink/white noise. This allows noise to be used without having to sacrifice an entire oscillator section.

Sub Follows Osc Vol - this allows the sub volume to act independently of the main oscillator volume and is mainly for use with the noise option.

Detune Adds 2/4/6 Oscs - the number of detuned oscillators can be set to 2, 4 or 6 allowing the density of the detuned sound to be adjusted.

Finally, a local data folder can be used to override the user-level 'home' folder allowing portable installations to be created. If there is a folder named 'Deducktion_Data' located in the same directory as the plugin, it will be used as the 'Home' directory instead of the user's AppData location. Note this directory can also be a directory symlink allowing the home folder to be located elsewhere if required.

Download as usual from KVR

swatwork wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:33 pm Deducktion has been updated to 1.0.3.

As the voting period has now ended this includes some minor enhancements, as follows:

Support for sustain has been added: when active this will cause the envelopes to adopt their maximum release times allowing notes to 'ring on' longer.

Oscillator detune now applies to all waveforms not just the sawtooth.

A number of options have been added to the oscillator option menus allowing more flexibility:

Sub Generates Noise - the sub oscillator can be set to output pink/white noise. This allows noise to be used without having to sacrifice an entire oscillator section.

Sub Follows Osc Vol - this allows the sub volume to act independently of the main oscillator volume and is mainly for use with the noise option.

Detune Adds 2/4/6 Oscs - the number of detuned oscillators can be set to 2, 4 or 6 allowing the density of the detuned sound to be adjusted.

Finally, a local data folder can be used to override the user-level 'home' folder allowing portable installations to be created. If there is a folder named 'Deducktion_Data' located in the same directory as the plugin, it will be used as the 'Home' directory instead of the user's AppData location. Note this directory can also be a directory symlink allowing the home folder to be located elsewhere if required.

Download as usual from KVR
I downloaded the file and it says 1.02 please fix that... You didn't updated the file.

V-Future wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:15 pm I downloaded the file and it says 1.02 please fix that... You didn't updated the file.
You're absolutely right, I didn't :oops: Thanks for reporting, it's fixed now.

Thank you for the update. Just a heads-up: If s.o. downloaded my patches and some sound a bit different now, it is because I didn't always set detune to 0 for presets that use square wave as oscillator. I have corrected those and reuploaded the bank: https://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=3238

Edit (Oct 02, 2018): A couple of presets (e.g. "Double Bass") also had the wrong number of detuned oscillators. Fixed.
Image Image

hey swatwork, great... it's coming along nicely. i was actually pretty sure you'd win the 1st price, actually you imho deserved it the most by _far_ - sadly you didn't. a guitar cab? seriously? :shrug:

well, keep on nevertheless. :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

KVR Developer Challenge 2018 - Winners Announced

Congratulations :party:

Another theme/skin for Deducktion, this time inspired by analog Moog/Roland-System hardware:

Preview:

Work in progress
Last edited by studio4 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

Great synth, it get's my vote, awesome skins too.

studio4 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 pm Congratulations :party:

I have made another theme/skin for Deducktion, this time inspired by analog Moog/Roland-System hardware:

Preview:

download here: https://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=3241

or from sellfy

Thank you very much for the nice skin!!

Thank you Dead Duck for such a wonderfull gift which should have taken first place! Maybe as a future request if possible.. osc hard sync would be so cool!! Thank you for your very Hard Work that you put in to this Synth Swatwork!!

Thanks, the knobs are probably a bit too bright. Might change that design. Anyway, it is also possible to use the knob(s) from my other theme for this one:

Last edited by studio4 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

I think this skin is perfect the way you changed it!

Yeah, I think I leave it as it is for now.
Last edited by studio4 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image

Another great skin studio4. Downloading now :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Thanks for this plugin. You got my 5 points.
yzcoruhT

@Halonmusic Thanks.
Last edited by studio4 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Thanks, studio4, for the skins.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”