Granulab

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

|¨|_|¨|_| wrote:Which version of Bitwig?

I downloaded the demo, v 2.2.2 and installed.
Current Bitwig demo is 2.3.5. That's what I tested on Mac.
Confused it with the version on my Win machine.
Both work for me, need to investigate more...

Well, nvm.
/re

Apparently note off message is recognized globally - the sound stops upon releasing any note when multiple notes are being pressed.

Good call!
I had old logic for a proper note stack but it was not connected.
(last-priority, so you can hold a note and hit others both up and down)
Please try new build (09-06).

I still haven't tested out Granulab yet but I'm gonna try to do so tonight. :D

Cubase 9.5 (64, on Win 8.1 64) simply doesn't see the plugin...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

40 mins no email with the download info for CB Elements from Steinberg...
Gotta hold off until tomorrow.
:-/

Installed trial version of Cubase Elements.
You need to go into plugin settings (menu Studio | VST Plugin manager),
add the right folder (or drop Granny_x64.dll into one of your usual),
and hit rescan button (really small circular arrows in bottom box).
It seems Cubase doesn't auto-rescan on startup.

Showed up for me and sounded as usual.
Either that's the thing, or there is some Windows 8 issue.

Oh, thank you for your help, I see the problem now. I've downloaded Granulab v1.5 and not Granny. I was trying with the file GranuLab_151.exe. Since the plugin is supposed to be named Granulab I hadn't downloaded the files named Granny. I'm going to try again.

Ah, cool ;)

But actually it's a good reminder to reorganize the webpage.

(i'm also still ironing out the most glaring & bizarre misfeatures.
Basic stability seems ok, and the sound engine is more or less done. But the GUI/frontend needs more work.
Don't be shy to point out.)

Anyway, enjoy!

I confirm it's correctly detected by Cubase 9.5, thank you again, all is working now !

But something is very surprising : when I unload then reload the plugin, it never reloads to default settings. It always reloads what I had just made before, it seems to remember for ever what has been made. Is it what was supposed to happen ? If so, how to reload the default settings please ?

Tj Shredder wrote:GrannyVST.vst is not accepted by Bitwig, can't test it...

Bitwigs comment:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code 255
Error messages:

2018-09-04 13:12:48.381 BitwigPluginHost[1188:79351] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
Referenced from: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST
Reason: image not found
2018-09-04 13:12:48.381 BitwigPluginHost[1188:79351] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
Referenced from: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST
Reason: image not found

32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code 255
Error messages:

2018-09-04 13:12:48.449 BitwigPluginHost[1189:79390] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: mach-o, but wrong architecture
2018-09-04 13:12:48.449 BitwigPluginHost[1189:79390] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
I'm getting this as well in Bitwig 2.4 beta 5 on OSX 10.12.6 :(

None of my hosts load Granny... Its broken in general on OS X...

I'm listening to the standalone, sounds like Mars Landings.
Presets are all blank.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Russell Grand wrote:
|¨|_|¨|_| wrote:Thanks for holding the fort mcbpete.

Yes, there was some issue with the link that made KVR hide the Windows entry.
(and I was at work, trying to not freak out visibly ;)

What was the issue with Win10 VariKusBrainZ?
I can build 32-bit version too, just need to diddle some complier flags.
(though when I searched for the topic it looked like most don't need it)

I've updated to same version 5-10 times over the weekend (3 crash bugs fixed), but maybe it's time to start a new version number...
A 32-bit version would be beautiful for those of us like myself who refuse to progress along with technology. :hihi: :D
:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

DJErmac wrote:I confirm it's correctly detected by Cubase 9.5, thank you again, all is working now !

But something is very surprising : when I unload then reload the plugin, it never reloads to default settings. It always reloads what I had just made before, it seems to remember for ever what has been made. Is it what was supposed to happen ? If so, how to reload the default settings please ?
Good!

Yes, it gets back to previous view.
Default settings are in blue button top left. Shift-click to reset everything (also ADSR).

Thanks for question, I want to iron out the surprises. (and somehow label things so you know what's what...)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”