Granulab

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GranuLab.VST

Ive been waiting 20 years for this be ported to VST and its Mac only :cry:

Totally looking forward to the Windows release.

Hope it sounds the same as the standalone

:hyper:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Flagged to Rasmus that the href links are a bit wonky on the source code of the site - There are both Windows & Mac versions of the VST:

PC (64bit only) - https://www.abc.se/~re/GranuLab/./files ... -08-31.zip
MAC - https://www.abc.se/~re/GranuLab/./files ... -08-31.zip

As you can see they're both dated 31st August so there's a chance there may be newer builds soon.

Thanks for the links!

Sadly its pretty unusable on my system Win10 64bit inits current state.

Will be keeping my eye on this,
Granulab was one of the first apps that blew my mind back in the day.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks for holding the fort mcbpete.

Yes, there was some issue with the link that made KVR hide the Windows entry.
(and I was at work, trying to not freak out visibly ;)

What was the issue with Win10 VariKusBrainZ?
I can build 32-bit version too, just need to diddle some complier flags.
(though when I searched for the topic it looked like most don't need it)

I've updated to same version 5-10 times over the weekend (3 crash bugs fixed), but maybe it's time to start a new version number...

Hey, it looks like a nice instrument !
At first, i thought it was MAc only, and was disappointed, but i have just downloaded the Windows version, and i'm sure i will enjoy it :)

|¨|_|¨|_| wrote:Thanks for holding the fort mcbpete.

Yes, there was some issue with the link that made KVR hide the Windows entry.
(and I was at work, trying to not freak out visibly ;)

What was the issue with Win10 VariKusBrainZ?
I can build 32-bit version too, just need to diddle some complier flags.
(though when I searched for the topic it looked like most don't need it)

I've updated to same version 5-10 times over the weekend (3 crash bugs fixed), but maybe it's time to start a new version number...
A 32-bit version would be beautiful for those of us like myself who refuse to progress along with technology. :hihi: :D

Russell Grand wrote:A 32-bit version would be beautiful for those of us like myself who refuse to progress along with technology. :hihi: :D
Ok, my bad for being lazy. Added to the download file.

Next week we're meeting up to build an environmentally friendly granular synth from various size wood/clay/iron pipes, where you can pour pebbles, glass pearls, kittens and toy cars.

Cheers
/re

GrannyVST.vst is not accepted by Bitwig, can't test it...

Bitwigs comment:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code 255
Error messages:

2018-09-04 13:12:48.381 BitwigPluginHost[1188:79351] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
Referenced from: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST
Reason: image not found
2018-09-04 13:12:48.381 BitwigPluginHost[1188:79351] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
Referenced from: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST
Reason: image not found

32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code 255
Error messages:

2018-09-04 13:12:48.449 BitwigPluginHost[1189:79390] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: mach-o, but wrong architecture
2018-09-04 13:12:48.449 BitwigPluginHost[1189:79390] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GrannyVST.vst/Contents/MacOS/GrannyVST, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:

Anyone got this to work in Renoise, can't seem to drag in a sample :( , or perhaps there is a way to open sounds through a traditional explorer type window?

Will check Bitwig, thanks for report!

Renoise showed me a problem (horrible sound) which I fixed yesterday (09-03 version)
After that it seemed to work for me.
Which Renoise version?

When you load a soundfile Granny starts a background job to load and analyse it.
Nothing is shown until that's ready. I'll get it to show some progress messages during the job.
Usually not noticeable except for quite big file, or from a disk that has gone to sleep.

|¨|_|¨|_| wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:A 32-bit version would be beautiful for those of us like myself who refuse to progress along with technology. :hihi: :D
Ok, my bad for being lazy. Added to the download file.

Next week we're meeting up to build an environmentally friendly granular synth from various size wood/clay/iron pipes, where you can pour pebbles, glass pearls, kittens and toy cars.

Cheers
/re
That sounds awesome! :hihi:

Thank you for adding the 32bit. I'm in the minority still running 32bit host, so it's very much appreciated. I'll report back in a bit after testing. :hail:

Downloaded the file GrannyVST_OSX_2018-09-03.zip and installed in Mac VST folder - is this a 64 bit plugin as it is being completely ignored so far by all my 64 bit hosts?

Well Bitwig didn’t ignore it, it rejected it...

Probably it's just 32-bit then. Tested with a fairly old Ableton 9 install on the fairly old Mac.

So I didn't make the right settings when building it - Sorry, not an Xcode expert.
Have Bitwig demo now, will fiddle around today after work.

Cheers,
/rasmus

Which version of Bitwig?

I downloaded the demo, v 2.2.2 and installed.
Granny shows up as 64-bit plugin for me, and makes sound.

What can I do to chase your problem?

Thanks,

/rasmus

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”