[DC18] Syncla-X

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syncla-X [Large Version]

Mmmh seems my last answer wasn't uploaded,
http://bit.ly/DSE_SynclaX113

And actually I called it Syncla-Xb because I already have like 30 versions on my computer, but you can rename it (If you rename all the files called Syncla-Xb :D)

So, how does this work now?

[Tell me there is no bug please xD]

For those interested, I also developped an emulation of the 1986 Kawai K3.
People encountered the same bugs, so is this version corrected too with that new compiler version?

http://bit.ly/DSE_K3V100

Mooggy wrote:For those interested, I also developped an emulation of the 1986 Kawai K3.
People encountered the same bugs, so is this version corrected too with that new compiler version?

I installed both, and when loading SynclaX, it loaded K3 instead.
This happened within Stagecrafts universal vst as wrapper, as Bitwig, my DAW, doesn‘t load AU. Removing K3 made it load SynclaX. Os X Sierra. Elsewise it worked...
I am sure the error is some labeling within K3...

Yes, that's a problem of labels.
Good to know, thanks! :)

@Mooggy:
swatwork wrote:I don't know if this will work for anyone else but I got the 32-bit version (1.13) to load in Ableton by adding the following (empty) file:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SynthEdit\SynthEdit.settings.xml

Edit: ...
That did the trick for me too! (Before I did the above, all latest Syncla-X 32 bit VST2 versions just crashed all hosts I tried (~6) in the most brutal fashion)

@swatwork:
Thanks for this tip! :hail: (How did come to this solution :shock: - Okay, let me guess: You also worked/work with SynthEdit :?: - Edit: Oh, you do Deducktion :wheee: - My favorite so far! :tu: )

ZonderP wrote:@swatwork:
Thanks for this tip! :hail: (How did come to this solution :shock: - Okay, let me guess: You also worked/work with SynthEdit :?:
No, I don't do SynthEdit, I was a SynthMaker guy until I switched to C++.

When the original release kept crashing I downloaded the SynthEdit demo to see if I could recompile it (I noticed Mooggy had included the source in the original release) but as soon as I'd installed it the plugin started working. So it was just a question of finding what SynthEdit had added that made it work and that led me to the config file.

I think this also explains why it's been difficult for Mooggy to track this issue down as he's most likely got SynthEdit installed on his test system.

swatwork wrote:
ZonderP wrote:@swatwork:
Thanks for this tip! :hail: (How did come to this solution :shock: - Okay, let me guess: You also worked/work with SynthEdit :?:
No, I don't do SynthEdit, I was a SynthMaker guy until I switched to C++.

When the original release kept crashing I downloaded the SynthEdit demo to see if I could recompile it (I noticed Mooggy had included the source in the original release) but as soon as I'd installed it the plugin started working. So it was just a question of finding what SynthEdit had added that made it work and that led me to the config file.

I think this also explains why it's been difficult for Mooggy to track this issue down as he's most likely got SynthEdit installed on his test system.
Thanks for the explanation!
This now really should help @Mooggy to deliver a fix for that issue. (Hopefully one where this file isn't required anymore...)

So, the new versions don't need that folder?
Else I would have to do an installation package, that'd be pretty annoying...
Since nobody reported any bugs, I guess the problem is solved now.
I'll just have to re-export with different label name! :)

Both the K3 and Syncla-X STILL fail to load in FL Studio 32 and 64 bit (Windows 10 32 & 64bit) and Windows 8.1 32 bit.
:tu: All is good

deleted (was a duplicate of next post)
Last edited by ZonderP on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZonderP wrote:
Mooggy wrote:So, the new versions don't need that folder?
Else I would have to do an installation package, that'd be pretty annoying...
Since nobody reported any bugs, I guess the problem is solved now.
I'll just have to re-export with different label name! :)
No, all the latest versions (1.12 + 1.13 + 1.13.2nd try) need the following file for 32 bit VST2 to run:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SynthEdit\SynthEdit.settings.xml
It must just exist and it can be empty.
I'm not aware of any SynthEdit made plugin that would require this file (since I have a lot of SynthEdit based VSTs, but all of them work without having this file at that location).
Thus I'm sure that there somewhere is a flag or a define or whatever with which you can 'disable' this.
If I were you I would just rename that file on your development computer and then debug the VST2 32 bit version...
Hope this helps and good luck!

I've just discovered a very annoying in the 32 bits version: no waveform sounds.
Aehm well, I'm right now working on it, I disabled the downloads.

I'm gonna create a simple batch to create the folder and the file .xml :)
I come back in a little hour, just the time to correct what I can correct!

Oh, and if it still doesn't work at all, then (For the moment) I can't do anything, I have to wait a newer version of SynthEdit, then I'll see if it corrects your bug @DrewDale
Be... patient? xD

Alright, urgent to know: Does this file solve your problems?
https://we.tl/t-dUcSJMiTYJ
Just double click, run it and then normally you can run the 32 bits version
If it works, then please tell me if the 32 bits runs well the wavetables, I mean not the additive synthesis part, but the digital-sample waveforms.
It's extremely important to know, another important website is about to publish a news for it, and if the 32 bits doesn't work...
I have to correct this!

I just give you back the latest version, with the 32b not working by my side:
Then run the batch (https://we.tl/t-dUcSJMiTYJ), and tell me if it works please!

Ok, I got the bug.
SynthEdit can not export well in 32 bits.
The sample-based-oscillator is never exported correctly.
The relative path used in it never works, I'm extremely bitter.

So, I have another solution!
I'll just do a .exe that will install the waveform data, and the user will freely copy/paste the .dll anywhere he wants.
I'm very tired, I'll do this tomorrow :)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”