[DC18] Syncla-X

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syncla-X [Large Version]

64-bit VST2 version of Syncla-X plays its (preset) sounds fine in Ableton 8, but the GUI sizing is far too large at loadup and multiple GUI (bugs) appear when the synth is moved around screen. Can not see all parameters due to GUi being too large.

So good sounds, but buggy GUI in Ableton 8.

I have tested the 64-bit VST2 versions of both Syncla-X and K3-V in the following hosts, with success (all 64-bit versions in Windows 10):

Studio One v4.01
Reaper v5.92
Bitwig Studio v2.3.4
Waveform v9.1.1
FL Studio v20.0.4

With GUI problem:

Reason v10.2 (no visible GUI, but both plugins are generating sound)

Note that I haven't done any excessive testing, only scanning the plugins and trying to load and play them in a project.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

McLilith wrote:
The developer is apparently only 16-years old. So, I'm not going to be too hard on him. When I was 16, there's no way I could have created a VSTi.

Of course, we didn't even have VSTis back then. Even if we did, they wouldn't have worked so well on our Apple II, Atari 400, or Commodore PET computers. :hihi:
I'm not being hard on the Dev, it's just that he's not interested in coming up with a fix for all the reported DAW's that are crashing out using his plugin, clearly the guy isn't interested in the cash prize. If a VST is free or not, bugs should be fixed and issues resolved, one day he could be a major player in the plugin world, but first he has to address the bugs in his free instruments.
:tu: All is good

DrewDale wrote:
McLilith wrote:
The developer is apparently only 16-years old. So, I'm not going to be too hard on him. When I was 16, there's no way I could have created a VSTi.

Of course, we didn't even have VSTis back then. Even if we did, they wouldn't have worked so well on our Apple II, Atari 400, or Commodore PET computers. :hihi:
I'm not being hard on the Dev, it's just that he's not interested in coming up with a fix for all the reported DAW's that are crashing out using his plugin, clearly the guy isn't interested in the cash prize. If a VST is free or not, bugs should be fixed and issues resolved, one day he could be a major player in the plugin world, but first he has to address the bugs in his free instruments.
Agreed.

The dev is only 16 ? :eek:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Size 16 shoes. He's a big lad, so be careful.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

^Lol :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Another one I cannot vote on because it does not work in live 8 32bit

Wow the large version is indeed.. large. :lol:

Hi people out from there!
I just randomly discovered this thread, sorry for no answers from my side!
Actually I am working on different exportations versions, problems have to be solved.
So, two things:
1) A new exportated version will be released in one week, that should correct the crashes you encountered.
2) Next holidays, when I'll have time, I'll fully rebake, from A to Z the software.
The UI is much too big for some users, some found it was correct.
So in the next version, it will be the VT-100 Terminal, and not this UI.
Like this, it will fit in all's computers! :D
Also I will add many features, that I can't add for the moment (Not enough space on the screen).
Thank you for your patience, I don't have a lot of time because of school, many other projects running at the same time...

Thank you for the feedbacks, and I will go back here to give you a new link (If anyone cared about trying again my software ;D)

Mooggy wrote: Thank you for the feedbacks, and I will go back here to give you a new link (If anyone cared about trying again my software ;D)
Sure, don't give up :tu:

I for once, will keep an eye on this :)
Fernando (FMR)

Alright, I quickly tryed something, does this work better?
http://bit.ly/DSE_Syncla-X-113
I corrected the preset manager that didn't allow to "Save-As", and I used another compiler version for SynthEdit.
So, how is it working? New bugs? Or everything fine?

Version 1.13 - 32 bit still not working at all here.
Could load 64 bit version into SAVIHost (and also use it).
Is there any reason why 32 bit and 64 bit version are so different (VST2)?
32 bit has subfolder Syncla-X with just 2 txt files (used to be 2 txt files AND 16 sem files in 1.12)
64 bit has NO subfolder, but in main folder are 10 txt files, only 8 sem files, 9 png files and 1 xmlpreset file (besides the dll file which in 1.13 is called 'Syncla-Xb.dll').
Looks very strange to me...

Oh no wait I forgot the essential modules export for the 32 bits, wait I re-export!
(And yep, 32 and 64 bits use different SynthEdit versions, so different encoding way :) )
Wait a min I put it back here

I don't know if this will work for anyone else but I got the 32-bit version (1.13) to load in Ableton by adding the following (empty) file:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SynthEdit\SynthEdit.settings.xml

Edit: there were no .sem files in the version I tested but they seem to have been created OK when the plugin was loaded.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”