[DC18] Syncla-X

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syncla-X [Large Version]

Hi,
Getting a Crash in Reaper (32 bit) loading the VSTi.

same in Renoise (32 bit)

Crashed in Studio One Pro Version 3.5 / Win7 - 64Bit

Fails to load in FL Studio 12 (64 or 32 bit versions)
:tu: All is good

Crash FL 12 before load.

AMD8350
FL Studio 12.5 32bit
Win 8.1 64bit
16G Kingston Hyper-something RAM

Crashes in Cantabile

This plugin crashes the following hosts and instantly shuts them down:

Tracktion 6
Tracktion 7
Cantible 3.0
Extreme Sample Converter 3

All of these are 32-bit hosts, but running in 64-bit Windows 10 — if that makes any difference.

What host was used when this program was being developed?
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

It loaded for me OK in Reaper x64. One of the more interesting entries IMO, hope the compatibility issues can be resolved so more people can try it.

McLilith wrote: What host was used when this program was being developed?
At a guess, Savihost :hihi: :hihi:

So I tested the 64 bit version in Reaper-32 (bridged):

- GUI too large.
- knobs not responding graphically.

But at least there is some sound output.

Hmmm...where's the dev? Seems to be a dump-and-run entry. :?

Apparently he released a Kawai K3 emulation in the meantime, which shows the same loading/crashing behaviour. I could get it to work with JBridge though. Not sure how authentic it sounds, since I don't own a K3.

https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsy ... v-extended

bitcrush01 wrote:Apparently he released a Kawai K3 emulation in the meantime, which shows the same loading/crashing behaviour. I could get it to work with JBridge though. Not sure how authentic it sounds, since I don't own a K3.

https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsy ... v-extended
Same here, this VST crashes both 32 and 64 bit in FL Studio, dev has no interest of a fix for that either despite reporting a bug on it. It must be nice not to care about your products (free or otherwise)

I have good news. :)

The 64-bit VST2 version of Syncla-X works in 64-bit Tracktion 7.

There are only 9 presets, and some of them need a little work, but I did get this synth to work. Next, I'll try to program some of my own sounds.

I haven't tried the VST3 version yet, or tried other 64-bit hosts. I'll get around to that later.

Note: I've edited this post, because I first reported some distortion in the upper notes. It turns out, that's not true. It was just a case of "user error". I had accidentally left Kontakt running in the background, and it was playing some noise samples on the higher MIDI notes. Oops! :hihi:
Last edited by McLilith on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GlenVision.com

DrewDale wrote:Same here, this VST crashes both 32 and 64 bit in FL Studio, dev has no interest of a fix for that either despite reporting a bug on it. It must be nice not to care about your products (free or otherwise)
The developer is apparently only 16-years old. So, I'm not going to be too hard on him. When I was 16, there's no way I could have created a VSTi.

Of course, we didn't even have VSTis back then. Even if we did, they wouldn't have worked so well on our Apple II, Atari 400, or Commodore PET computers. :hihi:
GlenVision.com

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”