the qyooo

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The qyooo

More presets attached.
I can say it's a great synth. The presets that are given made old school(and interface too), so it gives wrong impression about the synth. Here are some more presets. Tried to make something more modern.

[Note for users] in compare to big commercial synth this one has no effects built in. So you'll have to add reverb/distortion/EQ as insert effects to achive big commercial synths feel.

P.S.
Presets can be used, if you like then add them to the synth. I hope they open correct, so they sounds as I did them. Cuz I wasn't able to open them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

Currently there is a bug with long program names (>23 characters); will be fixed in the next version. :oops:

Meanwhile I converted your presets, arseniy2, and added them to this post!

Cheers Björn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now they load :D
Can I have .ini file with paths to all skin images to the same folder as plugin? I would try make a diffrent skin.(I know sizes and number of frames should kept exact)

Yes, in fact the .ini file has to be in the same folder as the plug-in DLL.
However, the images can be anywhere (since you address them in the .ini file with their full path).

BTW plz attach your skin here or on the product page. :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Hey,
I mean, I don't understand how to add paths to the images in the .ini file. In the manual it is written few lines but there are 22 images. The .ini file has just [MIDI Control] and nothing else.

Sorry, my bad, I forgot to add the template qyooo.ini to the ZIP. :dog:
That's what happens when you rush to meet the deadline...

It is now in the qyooo download ZIP and attached to this post.

Cheers, Björn

Great! The images work. I will present a skin in 2-3 day.

P.S.
A bug: When clicking the buttons in same section one after one, and not selecting anything from the drop down menu, just clicking the next button, they keep the ON state in this case.

P.P.S
Another bug: If to set the Porta to something low the keys start behave strange. Like playing the limited number of notes.

BUG03:
When changing the voices the sliders on the morphing panel go to defaults. It happens not visually. Change the A scene, then move the XY slider to B,C, or D, then change voices and sound go back to A scene.

Thanks man, will check this out.

For now, all of you guys have a Happy X-Mas etc.! :-)

Cheers Björn
Last edited by Full Bucket on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Download my high quality bank - "Power of The Qyooo". With modern electronic presets! So you could really feel what this amazing synth is able for.
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-qyo ... /downloads
Attached here also.
Power of The Qyooo.zip
bank.jpg
Listen to the demo of the presets https://soundcloud.com/bixenter/power-o ... -free-high

P.S
If author wants he can add any of the presets to his default bank. To give a better impression of the range of synth possibilities.
Last edited by arseniy2 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Great Synth. Too Bad it didn't win :(. Probably the best from Full Bucket.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Hi,
Here is my skin attached. I suggest to take it as default.
Instructions are in .txt file there.
skin-bixenter.zip
skin-screen.png
Also some thoughts(for the author of the synth):
1.The names of the panels could be above, not below (filters,lfos,envelopes,amp).
2.There is place for the name for the AMP panel.
3.The ON/OFF for the OSC/Filter/Chorus/Noise can be on the panel name blocks. Which I made in the skin.
4. The idea of the different modulation slots placement. If the value go to down below zero then the line is drawn from top to bottom and has dashes on it(example LFO 1 on FM slider). And also a symbol appears over the line. A triangle pointing down.

-- selecting the Mod Source by clicking slot.
-- moving the value by the knobs
-- at the bottom a free space filled with Filter sends. So this could give more variation on the filter routing.(Would be good if there was some easy way to switch between filter off and 100% send, like clicking the F1,F2,F3 makes 100% full, and clicking the numbers under them makes to zero send)
-- the 1 and 3 number after Ring is the source for ring modulator. And the each column modulate each of the Ring Mod ammount.
alternate-controls1.png
5.The type of control has representation icon. Like LFO has green circle, LFO+ half green circle. ADSR - blue downhill. The color of the lines is same as icons main color.
Last edited by arseniy2 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Explanation image with names on top of sections instead of below. (Cuz I can't attach more than 3 files)
panel-name.png

Nice Skin. No included ini?

EDIT: We can make a common folder for skins in My Documents right?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Paree wrote:Nice Skin. No included ini?

EDIT: We can make a common folder for skins in My Documents right?
I don't know if and how relative paths work for .ini files. I am not into coding. In my qyooo.ini the paths are the full paths to each image. So I left the image names and there you should insert the skin folder path in front of each.

Could be cool if it was possible to choose skin folder right from the synth's menu.

P.S.
Geez. I put a confusion into instruction forgot to add "Bitmap_Back =". Reuploaded the file with fixed instruction:
WAS: Bitmap_Back = \back.png
PATH ADDED: Bitmap_Back = C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\qyooo\skin-bixenter\back.png

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”