Paraphrasis talk/support [testers wanted for 1.0.3!]

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Paraphrasis

Works fine under Cubase 7.5.10 64 Bit / Win7 64!

The only real problem is the latency issue. Looks like the latency is dependent on a) the sample length and b) the number of notes played. A short sample played monophonically works fine with low latency, but if I load a longer sample and play some chords, the latency rises to about 1 sec.

Apart from that, this plug-in is great fun!
I've been looking for something like this for years - thank you very much! :-)

Thanks, glad it works and you like it! :)

I have already fixed the latency issue and I hope I am releasing the update tomorrow -- I need to fix another little issues. Stay tuned! :)

Liked the idea of it, really was excited to try it. Making instrument of anything the easiest way. Noticed some things/bugs: nasty clicks that usually appear when playing next note while still holding previous note or notes. That doesn't appear always but requires "special" techniques for playing. :)
Stability is good I guess.
Loads 24/16 bit wavs, mp3 too so that's all good.
Tuning is not always correct. It would be cool with tune knob, simple +/- in semitones for manual adjustment after analyzing. That would be really helpful and easier than finding with those 2 knobs that are already there
Analyze of files was quick. Tried a lot of files, even short loops. No problems with loading

So far I love this little thing, has so much potential. Thank you !

Tested in Reaper x64 on Win7 x64

Thanks, I am glad you found it useful!

I am just going to build and test fixed CPU issue. Meanwhile you can check out this video. Do you like it? :)

SORRY! VIDEO HAD TO BE REMOVED. REV GUYS CONTACTED ME :-)
Last edited by tomicious on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paraphrasis was updated to version 1.0.2! Note latency/CPU spikes issue fixed!

Download it here!

Version 1.0.3 is planned next week with minor issues fixed.

1.0.2 (Aug-09-2014)
- Fixed: Sound glitches when playing note repetitively (partials missing)
- Fixed: When note is finished (sample is done) CPU went high - MainStage
- Fixed: Reverse button position
- Fixed: Reverse button and status LED synchronisation
- Fixed: CPU went high when long sample was loaded and note was triggered.

Edit:
* Note: it seems that loooong analysis bug on Mac OS is fixed as well!
Last edited by tomicious on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tomicious wrote:Paraphrasis was updated to version 1.0.2! Note latency/CPU spikes issue fixed!

Download it here!

Version 1.0.3 is planned next week with minor issues fixed.

1.0.2 (Aug-09-2014)
- Fixed: Sound glitches when playing note repetitively (partials missing)
- Fixed: When note is finished (sample is done) CPU went high - MainStage
- Fixed: Reverse button position
- Fixed: Reverse button and status LED synchronisation
- Fixed: CPU went high when long sample was loaded and note was triggered.
Thanks!
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:Thanks!
You're welcome! :)

Cool that the latency thing is fixed, I don't need it for realtime, rather to process samples, but it made it hard to tell what was going on, downloading now.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

tomicious,
I like the video...I mean the sound...it fits to my
ambient ambitions :)

Much better! It's the poor man's UVI workstation (which is free also, but huge and takes an installer).
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

akira wrote:tomicious,
I like the video...I mean the sound...it fits to my
ambient ambitions :)
Thank you! :)

RunBeerRun wrote:Much better! It's the poor man's UVI workstation (which is free also, but huge and takes an installer).
I am downloading UVI workstation now! :)

Had a lot of fun with the updated version! Playability is much improved.

A release control or an envelope function would be a great addition. A lot of sounds sound cut off sharp when you release the key.

Rossi wrote:Had a lot of fun with the updated version! Playability is much improved.
Glad to hear that! :)
Rossi wrote:A release control or an envelope function would be a great addition. A lot of sounds sound cut off sharp when you release the key.
Hm... that is a second request for this feature (ADSR) within one day... Unfortunately I can not do it during KVRDC but I am going to implement it later :)

FLWrd wrote:The last one was 5 seconds. Then I went back to a sample folder with short samples, and loaded a very short one (just under .5s). And that went well. Analysis was over in a flash, and playable. Then I took one of double size (around 1s), and analysis was very quick too. Then I selected one of 1.5s, and analysis is taking over a minute now. These files came from a public source, so I can send them over if you want.
OK guys, this bug seems to be fixed in 1.0.2 as well!

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”