How to play Konkrete in Cubase 9

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So the manual just says the DAW will play Konkrete 2 from its transport controls and, well it doesn't.

So are there some settings in Cubase or Kontakt or Konkrete that I need to enable, because the play/stop buttons on Cubase are not starting/stopping the beat sequencers in Konkrete at the moment?
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You need the latest version of Konkrete. Log into your Soniccouture account and download the full version of Konkrete. (There are no longer Konkretes 1, 2, 3)

cheers, Dan
Soniccouture

Ha, I have so many "2" versions of things, Konkrete 2 was a typo, I of course have just Konkrete. No idea if it's the latest version so I will redownload and get back to you.

OK that made no difference. A friend showed me his GUI and he has a 'Host' button that I do not have:

https://ibb.co/mUgbwF

You don't need the host button now. Just hit play and it will follow the host start/stop.

Wait, are you saying you have to 'arm' Konkrete by playing it first then use the transport in Cubase?

Yes, that's right.

OK, I just tried it. The steps are you have to hit play in Konkrete then hit play in Cubase's transport (if you hit stop in Cubase first you lose the 'link'), only then can you use play/stop.

It might help if that was mentioned in the manual, the current description doesn't explain that at all.

I would suggest having an 'arm' button on the GUI as a neater solution. Currently this feels like my old CR-78 which I have to hit play on before I can use it via MIDI and that's 40 years old (and at least it remains silently 'armed' until I hit play on my sequencer).

Return to “Soniccouture”