.ncw to .wav without Kontakt

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

A number of payed and free SC instruments are full Kontakt only. I have read that .ncw is just a proprietary compression format, but not an encryption.

Is there a way to convert the files without paying 400$ for Kontakt (I would buy it for less if they omitted the sample library, but that's not the way of Native Instruments).

Masi

No can do, you need Kontakt for that, NCW as a format has not been reverse engineered (nor does NI allow that).

Will try my luck with the demo version.

BTW, is there any forum, oh mighty Dragon, that you are aware of and do not post?

Masi

AFAIK you can with with the free Kontakt Player.

You can, but only for 15 minutes per session.

I reckon that the Kontakt Player license must be more expensive. I haven't seen a free/cheap KP instrument yet, only ones for full K.

I don't mind that I cannot get the free SC instruments, but I'm a bit disappointed that I cannot make use of the "exclusive" instruments you get as a bonus for a purchase.

Masi

I meant that you can convert NCW back to WAV with Kontakt Player.

BTW the Soniccouture Reed Organ is a Kontakt Player library and is free until the 31.12 :)

Also, some of the free SC instruments are available as Wav + EXS24 instruments that can be read by the free TX16Wx sampler.

masitito wrote:I haven't seen a free/cheap KP instrument yet, only ones for full K.
Free: Sennheiser Drum'mica. Cheap: there are some that are $49, $69, $99. There is a bottom line retail price below which a KP licence is not worth it at all, save for some special deals constructed with NI (like the Drum'mica library).

Return to “Soniccouture”