Imogen Heap's Box of Tricks

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Box Of Tricks

by the way, I really like the release. It's great for adding those subtle background song ornamentations and little flourishes.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

soniccouture wrote:it sounds like an expansion error - perhaps you didn't use Winzip?

check the size of the expanded folder against the zip - make sure it's not smaller!

anyway, please email us through the site and we'll help you through it.

slow loading can be solved by a batch re-save.

James
I use OSX and it has exact the same size as the old version. Still no success. Sound works but UI is still broke .... o.k. i will try to e-mail support :roll:
But however, the old version works and i had no cpu spikes so i think i don´t need the update :)

Sure - if you weren't having problems, the old version is fine.

maybe your download was incomplete, btw. you could download again.

then, simply replace the single nkr file - that's all you need to do.

James

Not clear on how to enable the 'full NKS functionality"? I can import the library into Komplete Kontrol but the library does not appear with the other Kontakt instruments, just in the user area, and doesn't have its own icon (except for the one I made myself), nor do the individual patches have mappings for the controller.

Hi,
you drag the entire Box Of Tricks folder onto the Kontrol Browser:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... l-library/

Fantastic - just tried it and works perfectly - you probably should have added that to the install notes as I wasn't aware you could even do this and I thought I knew Komplete Kontrol pretty well.

Any plans to add this to your other libraries? (esp Geosonics)

NI need to update their 'NKS ready" page

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... eries/nks/

btw if anyone wants a crazy polyrythmic drumkit I made a patch for Box of Tricks

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... t.nksn.zip

It's made to autoplay in the background but also to be played along with using the keyboard so you can jam with it

Glad I took the time to listen to all the audio demos on Soniccouture's website. My first instinct was that this was a library composed of "too distinctive" presets and we would all be using the same recognizable sounds. But there is so much creative content and it is very well recorded I can't resist this. It's so inspirational just listening to it. I fear I'm too much of a fan of I.H. that I can't be sure this would be a rational purchase (lol) but none the less, Box of Tricks has now moved to the top of my December 2015 "to be purchased" list. My name is Monkberry and I am an addict.......

Oooooo, this looks super tasty. Maybe I can Santa to put it in my stocking if I'm a really good boy this year... he's already grumbling about my iPad Pro request. :lol: At least I didn't ask for a Pony!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

WOW!! Killer sale! Can't wait to get home. My pants are on fire from the credit card that's burning in my pocket. See you in 2 hours…..

And were downloading. Bought Box of Tricks and got Grand Marimba Free. Best company ever!!

Not entirely happy with Box of Tricks after all. Sound libraries seem comparable to those in the Spitfire Labs series, good quality, but available for £2 quid each. Of course there's the Jammer and other stuff, but all in all, I find BoT very expensive comparably. Yet I do adore that vocal pad.
SonicCouture's a fine company, and I'm still in love with EP73 and Broken Wurli, but should have gone for Hammersmith Pro above Box of Tricks.

Fleer wrote:Not entirely happy with Box of Tricks after all. Sound libraries seem comparable to those in the Spitfire Labs series, good quality, but available for £2 quid each. Of course there's the Jammer and other stuff, but all in all, I find BoT very expensive comparably. Yet I do adore that vocal pad.
SonicCouture's a fine company, and I'm still in love with EP73 and Broken Wurli, but should have gone for Hammersmith Pro above Box of Tricks.
Hi,
I'm sorry you're not happy. let me assure you though, all the instruments have very detailed sampling, which is why the data size is over 30GB uncompressed.

Spitfire don't give any specs at all for their Labs instruments, so it makes it very hard to compare, but I would be very surprised if they have been made with the detail the BoT instruments have. For example, the Box of Tricks Boomwhackers have 32 velocity layers, The drumkit up to 64 layers, The Mbira 9 layers - even Spitfires £300 HZ Piano only has 8 layers!

James

Sure about that James, you guys make wonderful stuff.
Wasn't comparing gig size, more an intuitive observation.
Just should have opted personally for the Hammersmith Pro.

Return to “Soniccouture”