Your favorite Drum sounds on a song/album

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is a good topic, my vote goes for the album Lateralus by Tool, amazing drum kit that guy has

stu.macQ wrote:
clueless wrote: If you love music, then the age or nationality of music should not be "incredibly relevant" to you as a criteria for its summary dismissal.
I tell you what: I make a living with my music, and it doesn't get me very far to make soundalike records.
So why do you want Evanescence and Linkin Park drum sounds?
stu.macQ wrote: I have the utmost respect for the groundwork laid by others,
yeah, your respect really shone through
stu.macQ wrote: but am I going to make a record that sounds like those? Probably not.
And?
stu.macQ wrote:That fact that you can patronize me and my youth is wonderful. But don't be calling me smug when you dish it out so effortlessly yourself.
I don't think I patronised you, I believe I said it was depressing to hear someone so young (especially someone who makes a living from music) give such a blinkered opinion. If anything, YOU disparaged your own age, and YOU patronised us crazy old timers and our wacky esoteric drum sounds. But hey! What could a legend teach you? Now THAT's smug.
stu.macQ wrote: I'm talking about the sounds themselves, you're talking about musical influences and styles of music. That's all it is, and I don't see the point of arguing it further.
Er, no, actually I was talking about the distinctive drum sounds of specific artistes, not about influences and styles of music.
stu.macQ wrote: I've never fought with someone on an internet forum, and I don't plan to start.
No-one's fighting
stu.macQ wrote: Besides, why should you care if I appear smug? How does it affect you even SLIGHTLY? It doesn't.
Well, it might if it's directed at me! Am I likely to hear any of your music? That might affect me even slightly - I wouldn't automatically rule out your music as irrelevant to me just because I'm not a 22 year-old Canadian... :roll:

Calm down dear, it's a commercial...

In the interests of fitting in with this musical snob-filled crowd, I've decided to withdraw all of my above remarks. Clearly, I have NO idea what I'm talking about.

(stu.macQ)

back on topic

kaftwerk - showroom dummies and europe endless.
afrika bambaataa - planet rock
trio - da da da

:)

oh DRUMMERS! ..... sorry :oops:

scuzzphut wrote:back on topic

trio - da da da

Damn! Beat me to it!

stu.macQ wrote:In the interests of fitting in with this musical snob-filled crowd, I've decided to withdraw all of my above remarks. Clearly, I have NO idea what I'm talking about.

(stu.macQ)
How is it snobbery? I'm not the one casting aside vast swathes of music - I'm afraid you're the snob.

clueless wrote:
scuzzphut wrote:back on topic

trio - da da da

Damn! Beat me to it!
Aha! Nick Drake - "Pink Moon"

At the risk of sounding too esoteric, how about the drum sounds from Can's "Delay" - brutal, but fun!

I apologize for being acerbic and disagreeable in this thread. I didn't mean to denigrate anyone's musical style or taste. I wasn't discounting the suggestions anyone made, I was merely just trying to offer suggestions as to what *I* would like to see in a product.

Sorry for any misunderstandings, and I'll try to choose my words more carefully in the future.

Regards,

(stu.macQ)

clueless wrote:
Damn! Beat me to it!
:lol:

hats off to stu macQ - Nobel prize is hereby awarded for peacekeeping :)

What Scuzzphut said :)
Play it by ear

stu.macQ wrote:I apologize for being acerbic and disagreeable in this thread. I didn't mean to denigrate anyone's musical style or taste. I wasn't discounting the suggestions anyone made, I was merely just trying to offer suggestions as to what *I* would like to see in a product.

Sorry for any misunderstandings, and I'll try to choose my words more carefully in the future.

Regards,

(stu.macQ)
That's fair enough/cool. Sorry if I've been ascerbic and disagreeable in my responses - and seriously, I'd like to hear what you're up to. It's all music, and that's why we're here, innit? :wink: :D

And I'm not a snob - I've mimed for money! :lol:

pheeleep wrote:What Scuzzphut said :)
yip :)

Kind of obscure, but an amazing sound: "Overnight Sensation" -- The Raspberries. Also, if you could get that Bernard Purdie hi-hat bark just right…
Shmoe
"Let your lessons take the form of play." Plato

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”