New from Sonic Reality: Nick Mason Drums BFD Now Available for Download!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Exciting news! Nick Mason Drums for BFD2 is now available on pre-order from esoundz.com http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... code=KVRNM

Nick Mason, legendary drummer of the band Pink Floyd has a new sample library. His custom Ludwig® "Black Kit" was recorded by legendary engineer Alan Parsons for Sonic Reality. Next week it will be available for download in FXPansion's BFD2 format (compatible with BFD3). You can pre-order it at a discounted price today!

This is a virtual recreation of Nick's drum kit that you can play from any keyboard or e-drum set up. It includes mic channels you can mix for full album quality vintage 70s drums!

Here's something cool about the pre-order. The product will be available to download early next week (or sooner!).
Last edited by Squids on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Squids, any details on what the kit pieces are, how many velocity layers come with it, the types of articulations, and channel/microphone configurations?

Audio demos?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Hey Squids, any details on what the kit pieces are, how many velocity layers come with it, the types of articulations, and channel/microphone configurations?

Kick, 4 Snares (BB,BS,ExBE,Lud), 5 Toms, Hihat, Ride, 3 Crashes.

Velocity layers are anywhere from 8 to upwards of 30 or so.

Articulations are

Kick: Hit
Snare: Hit, Drag, Flam, SS, HalfEdge, Rim, Ghost
Hihat: ClosedT, ClosedS, QuarterT, QuarterS, HalfT, HalfS, ThreeqT, ThreeqS, OpenT, OpenS, Pedal
Tom: Hit, Alt, Rim
Cym: Hit, Bell, Edge

Mic channels are Kick, Snare Top, Snare Bottom, Tom Directs, Cymbal Directs, Overhead and Room.

Allen

mike1k wrote:Audio demos?

Demo will be coming soon

Thanks for the reply Allen. Any reason you guys don't opt for more velocity layers? I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for deluxe versions of these kits with 50+ layers.

Very cool. Lot's of Pink Floyd love here!
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Thanks for the reply Allen. Any reason you guys don't opt for more velocity layers? I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for deluxe versions of these kits with 50+ layers.
There's plenty of velocity layers appropriate to the kit we're doing. It ranges from 25 to 40 and sometimes more. We also have the iMap 2 variety of articulations as well. If we were to get too gratuitous with the number of velocities the kits would no longer be realistic for download. This one is already close to 5 gigabytes as it is.

Anyway, the kit sounds great, it's unique, exclusive and will sound fantastic within someone's music. It plays great, it's fun for the whole family and it's Nick Mason of Pink Floyd! It's even recorded by Alan Parsons on an old EMI mixing console just like the one they used on Dark Side of the Moon at Abbey Road in 1973. If that's what you like then that's what it is.

Audio demo coming as well as video interviews and all sorts of stuff. The product will be available for download soon.

Squids wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Thanks for the reply Allen. Any reason you guys don't opt for more velocity layers? I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for deluxe versions of these kits with 50+ layers.
There's plenty of velocity layers appropriate to the kit we're doing. It ranges from 25 to 40 and sometimes more. We also have the iMap 2 variety of articulations as well. If we were to get too gratuitous with the number of velocities the kits would no longer be realistic for download. This one is already close to 5 gigabytes as it is.

Anyway, the kit sounds great, it's unique, exclusive and will sound fantastic within someone's music. It plays great, it's fun for the whole family and it's Nick Mason of Pink Floyd! It's even recorded by Alan Parsons on an old EMI mixing console just like the one they used on Dark Side of the Moon at Abbey Road in 1973. If that's what you like then that's what it is.

Audio demo coming as well as video interviews and all sorts of stuff. The product will be available for download soon.
25 to 40+ sounds much better than 8 to 30+. :wink:

I'm sure it will sound great. The 60's Downbeat and Woody Woodmansey kits both do. Still, if you wanted to sell deluxe versions of those, I'd certainly be interested.

Is the hihat direct on this one? Definitely looking forward to the demos, etc.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

gmontano wrote:Is the hihat direct on this one? Definitely looking forward to the demos, etc.
Yes and you get a ride direct too this time.

By the way, this may be a first for us but it's actually available to download ahead of schedule... meaning now! So, we took it off pre-order. You can download it today or any day over the weekend even though the release will be officially announed beginning of the coming week. If you have BFD and you like Pink Floyd this is a no brainer!

Here's an audio demo where you can hear the sound of Nick's drums (although this is Nick playing it... I will also be posting some grooves of me playing the BFD kit with no music just to hear that on its own). It's just a quick instrumental ambient mix of something based on the song "Time" with me on keys, some guitars from John Wesley of Porcupine Tree and backing vocals by the McBroom sisters who sang back up for Pink Floyd.

https://soundcloud.com/sonicelements/ni ... r-bfd-demo

Kudos on the early release. That is a first! :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Kudos on the early release. That is a first! :lol:
I know. Allen and I were laughing about that yesterday. We said "Woah, what happened????" So, maybe that's the new SR approach. Instead of announcing a product and then taking 5 years to release it we'll release the product before we announce it! ;)

Well, it's just available over the weekend for those who couldn't wait. Good price too! $69 is highly affordable and very reasonable for the deluxe effort involved in such a thing as this. It isn't everyday you get the drummer of Pink Floyd and Alan Parsons in a studio with the same mixing desk they used on Dark Side of the Moon! Now it's captured forever and we can all use it in our music. Pretty cool!

Will this load / run Ok in BFD Eco, too?

(Hint, could be a beta tester ;))
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Will this load / run Ok in BFD Eco, too?

(Hint, could be a beta tester ;))

It will not load into Eco. But, you can piece the kit together and then save as an Eco preset and then load the entire kit as an Eco preset.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”