How to set up a split ( Synth bass & Rhodes) in SampleTank 2.5?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone tell me how to set up a split (e.g. synth bass & Rhodes) in SampleTank 2.5? I have tried to assign both sounds to the same MIDI channel and then adjust the key zones on each sound after selecting zone. But I still get both sounds playing across the keyboard. Adjusting the key zones doesn't seem to do anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Make sure that the zone button is off when you are selecting the range for both instruments.

Just checking here... are you using the RANGE button and knobs to set the range for each instrument, or are you trying to do it all through "zone"?

The RANGE button is the one you want. The knobs over to the left will then let you transpose each instrument if needed, set the keyboard ranges, and also the velocity ranges if you're wanting to layer different instruments at different velocities.

As torgo said.

The Zones show you to what keys the samples are mapped (and enable you to apply specific FX to a specific zone).

The Range controls define which key presses are sent to that Instrument.

Note that these setting do not affect the action of the ST2 mini keyboard. Use your real keyboard or host MIDI clips to check out the effect of changing the controls.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”