Oberheim ST Xpansion ? Plus Request :))

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would love some feedback on how good the Oberheim sounds are by someone who has them. On a completely different note, any chance of getting a ST Xpansion Pack some day devoted to Motown or Tower of Power type horns?

Hey Ginz, been a-haunting in Denver, but I can help out here.

The OB Xpander is a nice piece of work, and has some really fat sounds(z?) in it. The only issue I had is some of the back and forth loops are a little phasey on slower single note melodies, but in chords or faster tempos, it's not an issue. It's not as comprehensive as SampleMoog, but if you just need some of the classic buzzy bigness or Pat/Lyle solos, it's in there.

As for soul type brass, the best thing I've found is Brit Horns from AMG. Here's the site I bought and downloaded from:

http://www.samples-now.com/SampleTank/SampleTank.html

There's audio demos on the left side of the page, but the ST download version only features the Multisamples and not all the licks (BOO!) Here's the patch list:

Brass 1-3
Short & Very Short Brass
Falls 1-2
Brass Ends
Trumpet 1-3
Mute Trumpet
Trumpet Trills

I've used them on some neo-soul tracks and the Short Brass is especially great, very punchy! There's not a lot in here, but what's there is top notch. Add some velocity based attack time in ST and with a little effort, you can get some nicely playable phrasing too.

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”