Possible NEW Squids Rare Keyboard GROUP BUY from Sonic Reality

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thinking about putting together a new group buy on esoundz featuring RARE KEYBOARD samples. We haven't done a Sonic Reality group buy on esoundz in awhile and we've had some good ones on here. We were even one of the first companies on KVR to do group buys! So it's long overdue one could say.

I'm opening this thread as a place to discuss it BEFORE it happens. We've sometimes done that. Your response to the thread may also affect whether it happens at all! Keep in mind that the key to a group buy is that there's enough of a group. That means every single one of you that might be interested in it needs to speak up and get involved or it won't work!

So, what format? Well, I think SampleTank is a given. Would be nice for some new library sounds to be released in ST! We also have a lot of Reason users who have been waiting for a refill from SR. So maybe that format as well? A multi format group buy? Could do Kontakt but without scripts and encryption. Although if we did that maybe do it in 3.5 so it can be read by Structure and whatever else reads Kontakt format. I don't know. Might just stick with ST and Reason for this. But if you want Kontakt or EXS or SFZ then speak up! ;)

We might do the variable price thing again (the more people join the lower it gets) AND add extra bonuses on top for different tiers. This could be a good one! Wait until I show you what sort of RARE VINTAGE keyboards I'm talking about too! I'll tell you one of them is a Lowrey TBO-1 Deluxe Berkshire organ which is what Pete Townshend used with The Who on songs like Baba O' Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again. I'm sampling it now for The Who's Quadrophenia tour (it was also used on that album) so that could be one of the bonus sounds in this potential group buy! I also created some GX-1 sounds for Keith Emerson when he opened for Led Zeppelin. That'd be a cool thing to include as well... and speaking of Led Zeppelin I've sampled the VERY rare Hohner Electra Piano which was used on No Quarter and a bunch of Zep tunes.

You like rare vintage keyboard sounds?

Hi Squids
This sounds like a great idea!
I for 1 would love to see you port some if not all of your gems to Kontakt!
I have Sampletank and most of the IK product line but honestly I haven't used Sampletank or SonicSynth in a very long time.
I always use Kontakt,maybe this will change if Sampletank gets a rewrite w/a 64bit update with version 3 but until then I think it would be great to see some of your libraries ported to Kontakt.
I also think this would widen your potential user base immensely!
I say go for it.

;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Hi Squids,

I would be interested in this as well, but I don't have Sampletank or Reason. I do have Kontakt and I have several that can read SFZ.

I will be watching this to see how it progresses.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

kgdrum wrote:Hi Squids
This sounds like a great idea!
I for 1 would love to see you port some if not all of your gems to Kontakt!
I have Sampletank and most of the IK product line but honestly I haven't used Sampletank or SonicSynth in a very long time.
I always use Kontakt,maybe this will change if Sampletank gets a rewrite w/a 64bit update with version 3 but until then I think it would be great to see some of your libraries ported to Kontakt.
I also think this would widen your potential user base immensely!
I say go for it.

;-)
We already have brought over quite a few to Kontakt. This is a bundle of a whole bunch of them: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?Prod ... code=IWKVR

JJBiener wrote:Hi Squids,

I would be interested in this as well, but I don't have Sampletank or Reason. I do have Kontakt and I have several that can read SFZ.

I will be watching this to see how it progresses.
Might do either or both those formats. The reason we'd do SampleTank and Reason is because these are two of our most popular selling formats. Granted these days a smaller percentage of esoundz customers are on KVR than years past but the popularity of those formats is still very strong for us.

But part of the purpose of this thread is to hear what people on KVR would like to see format-wise, sound-wise...

In any case we are putting together other sounds in SFZ format and as I just linked above we have quite a few sounds in Kontakt format.

Cool, I wasn't aware that you've already made some Kontakt compatible libraries.
Please keep us posted how this progresses,The Rare Keyboards ported to the Kontakt format is what would interest me the most.
Thanks ;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

It sounds interesting to me. If you could tie in the existing Squids Rare Instruments volumes (maybe as bonus choices or some such), that would make it even more interesting. Somehow I've missed those through the various group buys over the last few years.

I guess if you choose a format you may use with a free tool more people will be able to join (sfz or sampletank, rather than kontakt, even when a lot op people here have also this one). By my side I'd love to see miroslav outtakes, I messed it last time

Good stuff! Keep it coming. Your response is highly going to affect what happens.

I say, do a "Rare instruments" group buy and include the keyboard, electronic, and acoustic volumes. I'd be all over this (I have wanted the rare electronic library for a few years now). :) I would want the Sampletank sounds.
Play it by ear

Yeah I think the Rare Instrument Collections make sense to be included as tier bonuses OR as optional choices. Not sure yet. But something with that is likely - even if those sounds are also ported over to other formats should other formats besides ST be involved in this (like Reason for example).

Hi There!

I just purchased the Squids Rare Instruments Vol. 1 Electronic 8 days back, a really nice collection, with lots rare sounds, and with out to many duplicates to all my other stuff from esoundz, IKM and Kontakt Libraries

New electronics collections would be very nice and welcome, and I will be in the Group buy!
- SampleTank or Kontakt format.

….. but please make a list with lots of Bonus choices, for us who have been here before :-)

Bjarke

+1 on Kontakt.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Squids wrote:Yeah I think the Rare Instrument Collections make sense to be included as tier bonuses OR as optional choices. Not sure yet. But something with that is likely - even if those sounds are also ported over to other formats should other formats besides ST be involved in this (like Reason for example).
Hi Squids:

I would be very interested in this group buy, and +1 for including the Rare Instrument Collections. That would be great. I would be interested in SampleTank format.

Novice Newbie

If it's going to be multi-format then if it was Kontakt it'd be more basic Kontakt 3.5 so it's upward compatible and also cross platform compatible with things like Structure that read Kontakt format. That means no scripts or graphics (and of course it'd only work with full Kontakt not Player). If that's cool with you Kontakt users it may be a possibility. Might also do SFZ! If not in this GB I think we are going to support it very soon.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”