Sampletron Technology

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Purchased SampleTron today on your sale deal. The plugin and your sounds are operating --but I can't download the factory sounds from the IK site--getting a "403 Forbidden" message. Kind of a bummer. BTW, can your SampleTron combis be used even if I am using the sounds in Sampletank? Gonna be doubly bummed if I can't.

A few others have been getting the "403" message at IK Multimedia. I would raise a Support Ticket over there.

Combis? Yes, I', (almost) certain that they can.

COPY them across into a sub-folder within your SampleTank Presets folder (for example, in C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Presets, on Windows XP)
Last edited by DarkStar on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Darkstar, would I individually copy each combi into that Sampletank preset sub folder---or copy the the full combi folder into a sub sub folder in the same location, if you know what I mean. Also, do the combis use just the factory sounds, just the extra Squid sounds, or is there interchange between the two? Thx.!

PS--Opened an IK support ticket on the 403 message and waiting to hear back.

I may be confused. - SampleTron itself did not come with any Combis (.ikmp files). Did you save them yourself? Or are you talking about the STron instruments (the .sth, .sti, .stip and ,sw files)

[You can buy some good Combis here: http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2041 ] As far as I know they only use the STron Factory sounds.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, on XP, my ST2 Combis are in
C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Presets

And the SampleTron Combis are in
C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTron\Presets

I would create a sub-folder:
C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Presets\SampleTron
and copy all of the SampleTron presets into there.

You can create sub-folders and move the Combis around WITHIN those sub-folders if you wish. I, personally, would keep the SampleTank and SampleTron Combis separate.

----------------------------------------
For SampleTank to load the instruments in the SampleTron Combis those instruments must be in the SampleTank 2 instrument folder.

I would suggest this sort of organisation:
S:\IK Multimedia
S:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2\
S:\IK Multimedia\SampleTron

with all the instrument files in those two folders.

Then, in ST2 [Prefs], select "S:\IK Multimedia" as your root folder to see both libraries.
Inspired by ...

Darkstar, I'm talking about the preset combis Sonic Reality is selling (for $10 extra bucks) with their current Sampletron Plus Extras deal.

OK, they are the ones I referred to above.
Inspired by ...

So Darkstar, should I copy each of the combis separately into the Sampletank sub-folder you referenced, or can I just move them in as a whole as a sub-sub folder at that location?

Everything now resolved--sorry for any of my questions that were the product of 3:00 am downloading/installation/authorization syndrome :). BTW, sounds are great!!

LAGinz wrote:So Darkstar, should I copy each of the combis separately into the Sampletank sub-folder you referenced, or can I just move them in as a whole as a sub-sub folder at that location?
All at once. Sorry if I was not clear above.
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”